free hit
counters
Jerez Test Day. Live timings. - Page 2 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Jerez Test Day. Live timings.

Advantage

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So they went testing in the rain with no spare nose cone? :lol:

Strange!

Virgin are way ahead which is very suprising, all the commentators money was on them being very last ass they have a tiny budget.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Fauzy hadn't driven it before, didn't have the PS in it and stays on. Kovi gets in, does have the PS and decides to test its 4WD ability. I thought F1 cars were only 2wd rear drive?:lol:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Ease up Simon. It was raining. It's not a duvet. It's an all weather car cover to keep the rain off Kovi.:lol:

It's good to hear that Lotus are covering the car with a "duvet", means we have some state of the art invention/design which we are hiding from the competition! :unsure:

"11:55 The front wing is missing from the Lotus. The question is if they have a spare one"

Surely that's not a sensible question....??

Why would anyone take an F1 car anywhere and not have a spare nose cone/wing? That'd be stupid!

Ofcourse they have lots of spares!! Looking at the pic I can see the nose cone is on, just that the front wing has come off which was probably due to the impact.

The car is transported back to the garage where it needs to be stripped, gravel removed, checked for other damage and then rebuilt, half a day atleast!

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Wait 'til Trulli drives the car at the weekend, we'll see some good times then :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Each driver is allocated time in the car, Fauzy was yesterday, Kovi today and tomorrow and Trulli on Saturday. Changing drivers isn't just moving the seat forward and adjusting the rear view mirror, there's a lot of work required to set the car up as the driver requires it.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=181:day-two-at-jerez&catid=43:f1-news&Itemid=96

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just written a long post and the phone crashed....!!!! God o hate it when that happens...!!

I'm aware of the work required, just wondered if there was a rule as such.

Although right now should be a pretty quick turn around for a change of driver as it's their first outing in the car there's very little in the way of personal settings to change around, so seat change, pedal box adjustment maybe a little extra wing to gain confidence in the wet...

A lot of the adjustments I would have thought would be changed during the stint.

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Evora NA

Kovi hopes to be out all afternoon, clutch & hydraulic problems this morning. He really needs to get it in the 1.20's to stay in touch. Virgin are currently at 1.31 , but Button has just done a 1.20.3 threatening the teens. Looking forward to seeing Trulli's times tomorrow.

first completed lap and 8 seconds off the pace

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

1.24.924, improving. There must be so much to learn with a brand new car!

1266593718.jpg

Evora NA

Evora NA

From the Top Gear site...

Virgin Racing have revealed their 2010 drive line-up: ex-Toyota driver Timo Glock and GP2 racer Brazilian Lucas di Grassi.

But a more interesting duel is revealing itself, between Virgin Racing boss Richard Branson and the Lotus F1 team.

The latter’s boss, AirAsia owner Tony Fernades, said the other week that his first objective in F1 is to beat Branson’s outfit. “Otherwise I will retire and kill myself,” he added.

Branson has responded, saying that he likes Fernades a lot and hopes the Malaysian won’t have to kill himself.

Branson then suggested a slightly less drastic challenge.

“He has an airline, we have an airline, and if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess,” he told Reuters.

“I suspect that he might ask us to reciprocate. I’ll have to check how fetching his stewardess outfits are, but I’d be game to do it while totally confident of winning.”

So if nothing else, Virgin and Lotus are at least in with a good chance of winning something in 2010, that being the humiliation of a rival team boss.

Will Force India team principal Vijay Mallya join in with his Kingfisher airlines?

UPDATE: Tony Fernades has accepted Branson’s challenge, which has added an interesting little twist to the 2010 season!

Trulli is first out today, live timings here.

67660040.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1266656953&Signature=zprR8YzZFJ%2FxFMRTZ2vbPxwedN4%3D

Evora NA

T127 still 6 secs off Button who is fastest and last by 2 secs

Athough Jarno was slowest he did complete the most laps at 140 with no problems, so reliability seems to be there right off the bat. Lets see what happens in Barcelona next week.

I have to say I can't wait till 12th March, I have'nt looked forward to an F1 season this much in years.

Well I'm proper sad. I know they've had to come from nothing. I know they've had no time. I know they can continue to improve. And with the reliability shown, they've got a solid base to work off. The fact is they are over a second off the back of the grid and in the best years of F1 1 second covers the first dozen places or so. They may be able to improve by another 5 seconds...unprecedented if they do, but they may. But even if they do the 5 secs, it will only be any good if noone else manages to make any improvement at all.

So looks like this year is gong to be our Minardi year....shame! :) I'd hoped that honour would fall to one of the other newcomers. :whistle:

Edited by MPx
  • Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Cause you think Campos Meta (or whatever that team may be called) will be faster than Lotus! I don't I think so!

The team will go back to the RTN! Figure out as much as they can and slash has much weight as they can before thursday!

They'll get to work on the downforce issue and get within two/three seconds of the best teams by the end of Barcelona Testing!

They'll head to Bahrain suffer like hell for the first four GP and get a T127 v2 for Barcelona and the start of the European season!

Lotus Racing has already done wonders so far! I 'm looking forward to the fight between Virgin and Lotus even if it's all the way at the back of the pack!

And yes we are going to get lapped a silly number of times at the beginning but we are an underdog team so there's nothing wrong with that.

I just hope that extra sponsorship will materialize soon for both Lotus Racing and Virgin Racing. I know we are fully funded for this year but ...

Well I'm proper sad. :)

This was the first time Lotus had tested - remember they only shook down the car just over a week a go at a very cold Silverstone and its only two weeks since they turned the engine over for the first time! For nearly all the other teams this was their second test. As Mike Gasgoyne said this was all about laps and reliability and I reckon they had an outstanding 4 days from this perspective.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=184:lotus-racing-final-day-at-jerez&catid=43:f1-news&Itemid=96

They have learnt a lot and Barcelona this week will be about finding the pace. I for one am not worried and am looking forward to them progressing through the year. Assuming they are in for the long haul (Proton and the Malaysians have proven beyond doubt they are with Group Lotus, so why not with F1) it will be two or three years before they have any chance of taking on the top teams.

Found this, thought it was useful

clicky

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

thats very interesting.....

if you take the whole thing as a whole.....there are 2 or 3 drivers sub 1:20......after that the times go up to 1:26......

I reckon we're the front of the back 3rd......... :rolleyes:

probably about where was expected......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)