free hit
counters
1982 Eclat Riviera - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Robert Crooks

1982 Eclat Riviera

There was no section in the "For sale" section for this, so I have posted here for now.

I have decided to part with my 82 Eclat Riviera. I was effectively given it as a restoration project by the elderly PO. The body had been off the chassis for about 10 years, and the interior was damp and covered with mould. This has now been cleaned and reconnolised. The brakes, suspension and steering have all been refurbished, and the top end of the engine was rebuilt by the PO. It is a replacement engine, but I also have the original. The body is now back on the chassis, and everything connected up. It passed it's MOT 10 days ago, and it drives very nicely indeed.It was an original copperfire car (identical car to that driven by Lewis Collins in Who dares Wins), but the PO had it repainted in a non-Lotus original copper colour. It's not a great paint job - quite a bit of orange peeling, and some of the "edges" are not very good. From a distance is looks good, but could do with a repaint. There is absolutely no star cracking anywhere.I am posting here to gauge any interest before putting on eBay/PistonheadsReply or PM me if you are interested. I can post or send photos if anybody is.Robert

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cor if only I had the time & space, great projectfor someone though.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

http://www.thelotusf...and=0&Itemid=88

I thought the word 'sell' bought you out in hives! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

That looks lovely with the new carpet set etc. Did you use new seat cushions, they look nice and plump despite 30 years worth of backsides?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Hi Robert,

I'll buy it. I thought you offered it to me late last year? Last I heard you were giving it some thought?

Ring me in the morning.

Regards,

David Walters

You can't leave us hanging. What happened? Did you buy it, Dave?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

£40 return Stansted to Limoges come and have a look. You'd spend more driving to look at a car in Scotland.

Tried uploading to adds section twice, but it kept failing at the photo upload stage so I gave up. Had GKP sat next to me so I know it wasn't me!

Trying again now.........

It's on the ebay bot thing here...

Mark, yeah normal sad story, not using it, and other things in life are more important at present.

Still no joy putting in classifieds. Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting if anyone wants to have a look see

Picture3.png

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Wow, good for you it sold quickly, and reassuring for other owners too. Still sad when Elites/Eclats disappear off abroad never to return, but if they appreciate them while our domestic classic car buffs don't, what can you do.

Is that you and Lotus finished then Mat?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

No I'll never be finished with Lotus cars! I do have other things to focus on right now though............

I had a lot of overseas interest in the car, without getting carried away it was to me the perfect Eclat if that's what you wanted, so I'm not surprised it sold.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

A quick profit eh? My Germans not great but it looks to be 4000 euro's starting and now has 1 bid! When i sold my last Eclat I had tonnes of e-mail from Germany/ Holland etc but i managed to find a u.k buyer which was lucky. There must be a good market for these cars overseas, i wonder why? A friend of mine deals with classic Range Rovers, these guys love them over there too! I hope they dont buy all our great classics!

there is a realy small group of enthusiasts for those cars in germany...but cars for sale, bought from german dealers in UK to make profit, are advertized for months and years.

the enthusiasts buy directly in UK and import the car themselves.

ok...for 4 or 4.5k i would buy that car too...even it has nothing been done to get german paperwork (its sold with a british V5c).

but i presume the reserve-price from that "dealer" is around 7k.

and if the car will be finally sold via ebay...its 99% sure that the bids came from the mates of the dealer.

also i must say: some better pictures and a more comprehensive description in the UK advert would have easily pushed the car in a region of 3.5 to 4k...eventually. to make things short: the advert was cr*p (sorry for that word) and the car advertized far too cheap.

has the car been picked up by trailer or driven on the road?

Edited by Elite7