free hit
counters
Union Flag on a Lotus - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Something Ive been thinking about for a long time is I would like to fit a Union Flag on to my Esprit. Ive alway loved the old MGs from the 50s which had them on the wings (about where the Esprit "Styled by Guigaro" plaque is). The Ferraris have their scuderia sheilds. I see the Evora Cup car has a Union Flag proudly possitioned on the rear below "Lotus". I would be interested if anybody else have fitted a Union (or other) flag to their Lotus to find where would look good. The only place I can find on the Esprit is on the rear bumper below the "Lotus" moulded in. Trouble is that its almost too low down. Most other cars are higher so I dont think you will see it?

Most of all I dont want it to look naff!

6915_12.jpg

DSC_0080a.jpg

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahaha thats all Union Flag no Lotus! Is that a radio controled car or a car from the dodgems? Looks like it has an arial or earth thingy comming out of the top!! Actually it kind of reminnds me of Ginger Spice ie it doesnt look quite right! lol

5c495b9e8b5053eb5b94a6bdb93372a5.jpg

Buddsy

Edited by Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I will have the Ginger Spice on mine thanks :wallbash:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

On an older MG yes, but, I would not want a union jack on my esprit, looks a bit naff me thinks...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I always liked these, i just wish Lotus made them:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metal-Union-Jack-LOTUS-NOSE-BADGE-Elise-Exige-7-Cortina/160393151959

Could not bring myself to prise off the one Lotus fitted and replace it with some taiwan made stick on thing, might as well dip a lolly stick in some poo and write 'L O T U S' on the bonnet IMO. It's like (here i go again) those folk that go to the petrol station and buy a cheap chinese made union flag to clip on their german or french car so they can show the world what a patriot they are every world cup.

You however, have a british car!

:welcome:

Ah but do you?

You have a car made in Britain.

Do you class Toyota as a British Car? They are also made in Britain.

Lotus' may be made in Britain but are owned by a Malaysian company.

Does beg the questions as to what is "British". If it is simply being made in Britain then you could include Honda, Toyota, Ford.......

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I was sure I hit the correct button earlier so if this post is duplicated somewhere on the forum, apologies.

I have the Union flag combined with the EU flag on both my cars. Decal purchased from Halfords and I think they were £2.50 each.

02052009200.jpg

020520090322.jpg

Got one on my Federal JPS #040 ...kind of dirty right now

Sorry mate but get it off!!!

It's not a flag. The bands of white on the diagonals should be wide on the top L/H side and thin on the top R/H side (this is how you can tell if the union flag is upside down or not, look HERE TO SEE ), your's are just the same thickness both sides.

:)

Right:

UnionJack.gif

Wrong:

upsdedown.jpg

What you have there is not a flag of this country, probably made by someone that does not know what the real thing looks like or a company with poor eye for detail. Am sorry, but it hankers back to what i said about chinese made flags, they don't add anything patriotic, if anything they take it away.

Not your fault, you will know now forever though!

Sorry, Paul...think you've got your flag upside down...according to the website you link to?!!

"It's not a flag. The bands of white on the diagonals should be wide on the top R/H side and thin on the top L/H side (this is how you can tell if the union flag is upside down or not, look HERE TO SEE )"

"The broader (wider) diagonal white stripe should be at the top on the side of the flag nearest the flagpole.

The UK flag is NOT entirely symmetrical! You can rotate the flag and it still will be the right way up but you can't invert it (not refective symmetry).

Look at the white diagonals and you will see why.

On the side next to the flagpole, (the hoist side), the thick white band is above the red band on both diagonals, the white band being part of the cross of St Andrew, the Scottish flag and the red band being part of the cross of St Patrick, the Irish flag."

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Yep.

Should have read: The bands of white on the diagonals should be wide on the top L/H side and thin on the top R/H side.

Edited!

Always get my left and right wrong when i don't have a watch on!

The halfords ones are right: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_221783_categoryId_165549_langId_-1?cm_vc=IOV4PDPZ1

Regardless of me getting my left and right mixed up, the flag badge is chronically wrong. It's like a USA flag with the wrong number of stripes or stars, a tribute to nothing.

:)

I have photos of my cars with union flags on the roof during the New Years Parade. You can purchase small stickers of the union flag with the lotus badge centred. You should go the whole hog like Greg Noble. There is a VX220 with the flag on the whole of the rear.

I have pictures somewhere.....