free hit
counters
Changing gear at belowzero degrees - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anubis1

Changing gear at belowzero degrees

I drove now 7000 KM with my Evora. All ok more or less. But I remarked, that below zero Centigrade degrees, the 2nd gear is not handlable without force. So I tried the system Frist and then into 3rd avoiding second. This works, with care also. After 5 minutes of driving, the 2nd gear then can be used normally. By the way: average conusmtion in these last freezy month below 9 liters. A.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ritchie have you taken car back to dealer and if so what did they say?

I had a similar problem with 1st & 3rd gear from new in September and it wasn't just heat related but there was an adjustment made to the gearstick centraling system wires/springs or something that determine where it sits when in neutral. Whatever it was seemed to help and now I only find that 1st gear is poor when starting from cold although no worse than my previous Boxster S.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Hi Allan,

I was at the dealer, yes. They tried to fix the heating first... and about the gearbox they told me to continue and look. They asked mainly if a gear steps out the box while driving. I will be there again in a week to put the Summertires on and change this horrible Alpine the third time. R.