free hit
counters
I Finally bought my Esprit! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I Finally bought my Esprit!

The Lurker is now a owner!

After Months and months of months of looking and years and years and years of dreaming, it finally became reality. I now own a 2001 Cobalt Blue Esprit- that is pretending to be a 2002! I found the car online at Dupont registry. Seller was in Rhode Isand. Me in Vegas. Negotiated a good deal , had it checked out by mike at Michaelsmotorsports, had a fun shipping experiance(doesnt everyone) and presto:

my new baby is here. Has Johans ECU and 2002 oz wheels . However the tires seem 1 size to big. they are 235/45/17 in front and 295/35/18 in rear. Probably rears are ok , but I think front will have to be changed. Currently getting Lotus USA to research the timing belt, due to not knowing exactly when or if it was done last. Going through all the usual stuff and questions from people who wonder if it is a "Ferrari" and what company makes "Lotus"? But it is exciting nonetheless!

I would like to thank Gordonie, Greg in AZ, Mike at Mikes Motorsports, and Claudius at LOTUSPBC for helping me with the decision and for handling some pretty stupid questions from myself. I would also like to thank LEF for having such a great board and for turboesprit at yahoo for having great members and info.

Cheers to all

I have some pics up in the garage

http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=15&CID=195

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Hope you can make it to the West Coast Lotus Meet in May.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

congatulations, hope you love the car

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Congratulations - lovely car + i too ask stupid q's!!

Enjoy!!!! :lol::lol:

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg