free hit
counters
215H - Oh dear - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

215H - Oh dear

GavinT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like quality work, but that's as far as it goes for me. :huh:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Same here. I'd hate the idea of someone announcing they were going to wreck a perfectly good S1 to create a one off monster. However presented with the fact that the work has already taken place, and therefore that the S1 doesn't in effect exist any longer, I kind of like it on its own merits.

I wonder how easy it would be to restore it back to original? It looks much changed, but on a quick glance, substantial amounts of the original car are still there and present.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

With the way the lights are mounted in the nose I'd say the body underneath the bonnet has been cut away to fit them in. Wheels are original at least. Removing the rear wing might be a bit of work. The difficulty would be finding the original shape again if the panels have been cut away substantially. As the body on the esprit carries load, what do these sort of mods do when not considered from that POV?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

A grade A1 merchant banker, don't even agree about the standard of work.

"You wanna know what a real criminal is Akerman, it's the son of bitch who modified that car" Clint Eastwood

"It's rape pillage, destruction and vandalism all in one" Roger Harris

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Quote "He has well over $80K and over 3 years of time invested in the car... his loss could be your gain..."

In what way may I be so bold as to ask?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Where's Karl? He'll but it! :huh:

Is it possible they were trying to make a Ferrari F40 clone?

I just can't understand why you would spend $80K on something like this. After-all for $80K you could have your pick of any Esprit. For $65K you can buy an unregistered V8 with delivery mileage (listed on eBay frequently). That still leaves you $15K to get it back to road worthiness. Perhaps his son took it to the drag strip, did one run, broke something and is now trying to dump it.

Clicky to V8

Edited by GavinT

Or not?:huh:

Oops. i was wrong. Wheels aren't original. I looked at it again. It really is horrible isn't it?:huh:

"Bill started with a very clean Esprit that really needed nothing but a service... Never wrecked or damaged in any serious way..."

It is now!!! :huh:

If you're prepared to do this much to a classic shape, at what point do you think to yourself "Now it looks good! I think we should stop." :huh: Maybe this guy knows that other guy that you see on forums. Wasn't his name Teigan or something like that?

Edited by ramjet

Real shame,

The workmanship itself from the pics looks bloody good, but the design is a tad crazy, pop up headlights make the esprit! But at the end of the day its his car and another S1 of the road which is bad for the car but good for other s1 owners!

Regards danny

A

I think it looks great, the curves are all in the right places.

Wonder if the body shop is still in business - they re bound to be!!

Wonder if it would be possible to do mine and slip a pair of gull wings on to finish it off ??

Wicked! rofl.gif

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Looking at the pics, it appears that there are fasteners of some sort on either side of the wing that likely allow removal of the airfoil portion giving access to the engine compartment. I have to agree with most everyone on here in that its "interesting" but certainly not for me, and damn sure not at the cost that has been invested! I guess the good news is that it just makes those that are still recognizable as an Esprit even more valuable as an original example.