free hit
counters
Woooohooooo - new track year approaches - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stephanie plum

Woooohooooo - new track year approaches

Yippee! Carcoon down - took her out for a run today in the sun. First service all booked up with B&C and trackdays booked so far:

Goodwood - 20th March, 10th April, 19th June, 2nd, 4th and 16th October

Castle Combe - 13th April - but in the liz as 2-11 a bit noisy for there

Le Mans Bugatti and Maison Blanche - 8th and 9th August

Snetterton - 30th September

Hethel for the EGP bash - 30th May

Waiting for Monsieur Golding to announce dates for Spa in the summer, and RMA for a Ring trip.

Toying with idea of Dijon in August with GRRC/RMA but might be a bit expensive as heading south in the Elise September - heading down to Sicily - via Switzerland, Italian Lakes and Tuscany.

Oh I can't wait!!!

What's everyone else up to? :devil:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Castle Combe - 13th April - but in the liz as 2-11 a bit noisy for there

I ran at Castle Coombe four times last year and had no issue with noise, either static or drive by. From memory the static reading was around 92 db, therefore no issues.

However at Goodwood after flying through the static, towards the end of the day on a near empty track I was asked to shortshift at the exit of Madgwick because I was tripping their measuring equipment.

Your exhaust must have totally different sound characteristics to mine.

Thinking about heading down to brands for a pre season shake down on the 21 April (my car has been in London all winter)

Mainly racing in Cup europe again

but heading off to France for this.

http://www.lotus-on-track.com/forums//showevent.php?eid=499

then a week in the Pyrenees before racing at Magny Cours on the way home.

Hope we can have another 2-11 trackday

Here for a good time, not a long time

Check this out LATR 2010

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Hope we can have another 2-11 trackday

Shall I speak to Paul about that, I'm sure we'll be able to arrange it between us?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Scott did the last one at Snetterton iirc - if that's the one you mean? I helped him organise it. As he's not around so much now maybe going via PG would be a good idea - but it'll never be exclusive - there aren't enough of us. Maybe we should pick one of his UK days and just all aim for it?

That would make much more sense and Snetterton last year was a struggle to fill, there aren't enough people about to make up the numbers.

Pick a date/track and I'll sort it with Paul, initial reactions are that he'll be able to throw in some free instruction for TLF members. How about Silverstone Stowe on the 5th June? :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Snetterton lost a shit load of money for Bell & Colvill! At the time I thought they were good to go ahead with it and not just cancel, as it only half filled, and Snett isn't cheap.

I'll have a look at the calendar later and post the ones I could make :lol:

Ok - have done - can't do the 5th - at Millbrook for some training with CAT.

I could do 17th June Snetterton or 22nd June Brands Indy - evening only.

I'm trying not to book owt in July until the RMA announce their Ring dates.

Paul is also going to announce some more Spa dates, so maybe that could be an option when we know them?

Edited by Jo Lloyd

That would make much more sense and Snetterton last year was a struggle to fill, there aren't enough people about to make up the numbers.

Pick a date/track and I'll sort it with Paul, initial reactions are that he'll be able to throw in some free instruction for TLF members. How about Silverstone Stowe on the 5th June? smile.gif

Silverstone Stowe, in a 2-11, youre joking surely!

its going to be very hard for us to find a day the suits everyone.

Jo your dates are not good for me.

have you seen this?

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:attendance-list&catid=33:lotus-at-the-ring-2010&Itemid=75

You can then stay and watch the LCE racing at Spa on the 1-3 Oct.

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time

RSR Ring dates no good for me Scotty. I will only have been home 2 days from a 2.5 week holiday in Italy in the liz. Also too much of a gamble weather wise going to the Ring that late - if it rains no one will be out.

• Like 1

Jo - Castle Combe on 13 April, can't see anything in their event diary for that date? Gerrof my track (especially if you are not taking the 2-11) :thumbsup:

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

RSR Ring dates no good for me Scotty. I will only have been home 2 days from a 2.5 week holiday in Italy in the liz. Also too much of a gamble weather wise going to the Ring that late - if it rains no one will be out.

no no, no rain, I have booked up and have specifically ticked the box for "no rain" :D

We've been having fun tracking in the Colonies .... video of a gaggle of 2-Elevens playing on track ...... thumbsup.gif

post-7947-12731113279.jpg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Very cool, looks like a great track too :getmecoat:

Evora NA