free hit
counters
Evora Carbon Concept - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Simon, I like it. Obvious yet simple. Didn't know you could get it.

Someone on this Forum saw this car on the production line recently and PM'd me about it secret.gif but I will not reveal who, unless they wish to reveal themselves. whistle.gif

It was said it was to gauge reaction. So far, so all correct!

I like the black paint under the doors filling in the scallop there. There were a few photos of factory cars around after BMS 08 which had that & I liked it then. As my car seems to be a tar magnet in that vicinity along with just ahead of rear wheels I could be temped to do the same. I'll maybe have a play this spring with some sticky backed plastic and some black fablon - to check out the look only!!

Edited by Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

The Vinyl is 3m Dinoc, it has a proper textured weave to it, just google it.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Good idea Simon, I like it. Obvious yet simple. Didn't know you could get it.

Allan

Speak to Graeme at MMC he had blue vinyl on the roof of his white Elise demonstrator which looked like the Saltire.

JimClarkRemembranceWeekend002.jpg

Am I the only one reading weightloss program by substituting carbon fiber to glass fiber and alcantara/leather in the cockpit instead of just leather!?

This new exhaust pipe has something lamborghinish to it and I don't think there's anything wrong with that!

Now if Toyota, Lotus and Cosworth were to collaborate to give us an S or R version of this thing, I would really not object to any of it!

Wifey saw this on the production line, she told me how much the carbon fibre roof costs and I nearly poo'd my pants.

Having said that I found out the price for a two tone engine cover the other day, prices are just silly, I have pro paint spraying facilities and will do it myself, if the urge grabs me.

The evora is generally classified as a grower but on this one it's pretty much a stunner!

med_gallery_2_193_6753.jpg

Never liked white cars much but that roof changes it all. And it does look a bit roadsterish!!!

Now, Carbon bodyparts, small weightloss program and Cosworth fine tuning on the normally aspirated engine, I'd say 100 bhp per liter is obtainable!

Then the Supercharged by Cosworth (SC) version could be pretty ridiculous: 425 bhp!

Edited by NedaSay
  • 2 weeks later...

Claim to fame - caressed the roof section when the car was rolling down the construction the line.

It looked good even when partially constructed, then again it should do with the cost of a small family car covering the occupants heads respect.gif

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

I dread to think! The glass roof on the 414E is nice and perhaps only 2 weeks (all inc of course) in the Maldives rather than a hatchback to buy!?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

Simpy stunning that one...i think this version looks smaller than the standard Evora's...maybe because of the colour...

And that roof...oh my god...I think that's the magic ingredient...or it wouldn't have called people's attention...

For anybody else thinking about black or even a carbon effect roof I was asking the dealer who did the white Elise with the saltire roof in earlier post how much approximately it might be to do a vinyl covered roof and it was in the region of + or - £250 to £300. It comes off with a heat gun if you don't like it - unlike paint! Even if you get bored or next owner doesn't like it it isn't a problem to remove. The roof contours are not an issue. I was actually speaking to a fitter who was doing the front of a new Evora pre-delivery.

BTW Bolly Girl & Senior I saw my first Starlight Black Evora today in showroom as new dealer Demo is this and it lovely in the flesh. So many other aspects of the car are picked out differently in Black to any other colours I have seen. I am not a car washer unless it is desperate so I could never have one though! rolleyes.gif

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer has a white Evora with black roof in as a demonstrator, though normal black not carbon. I was given a go, my first in an Evora, and confirm that it was stunning, though I suspect that it was more to do with the sports exhaust and close ratio box than the paint. Caused the local school boys to stop and point though.

I gave one serious thought when I ordered the Elise and ducked out because I was concerned about rear room for the family, so went for a toy instead for early morning runs up alpine passes. For that narrow task I still think the Elise is better, but as an all-round proposition the Evora is wonderful, and probably better value. As to a future purchase given I have the Elise I can however confirm that it is now a 'when' not 'whether' and 'as well' not 'instead'.

My dealer has a white Evora with black roof in as a demonstrator, though normal black not carbon.

Go on then! Do nottempt us with words only. innocent.gif Please post some photos for us all to admire it. unworthy.gif I'd actually love to see a car in fairly standard photos and non showroom lights but with the roof done differently. I'm still considering the roof done on mine sometime.

Al.

Many thanks for that. Great find.

Lots of ideas now rattling round in my head.

The best quality "carbon-look" is called 3M DI-NOC Carbon vinyl wrap

Dug up a thread on it here:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=294316

In general seems good, but you will see near the end of thread, there may be issues with appearance paint removal, thickness on roof, stretching on door mirrors etc.

Probably enough to put me off the idea! Not sure about the gloss black, would be good to see some pics?

hhhhhhmmmmmmm. Now that was a very interesting read even if I should have been going to bed. Great find and thanks a lot for posting. It certainly got the Evo boys juices flowing that thread!

Now will I have the balls to try that on an expensive new car? Think I'd be keen to play on something else first. For that read older & cheaper! Maybe have to convince son that his type R-GT would look good with some enhancements that I'll pay for........whistle.gif

Having said that some bits of the Evora could look really good methinks as long as not going overboard.

Hi all,

I ordered an Evora 2+0, Ice White, 5x2 anthracite wheels. I really found in love with the look of this Carbon Concept. So i ordered with the roof in phantom black as the front lip and downsides.

But they annouced me last week that my car will be ready for shipment mid July, so I can hope it for August in Belgium. Due to the Ice White.

So, if I choose another color, I could have it during May.

I hesitate between the Aspen White and Burnt Orange.

Would be great if someone could toshop one in Aspen White and an Orange Burnt with the "Carbon fiber" touch, but in lackered black like Phantom Black. Or This Cabron Concept in Aspen and Orange if easier...

Thanks,

Michael