free hit
counters
Bulkhead Retrim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Choppa

Bulkhead Retrim

I nearly posted in DaveyG's headlining topic on this but IMO my question is sufficiently different to deserve it's own thread.

Having talked with Budsy on replacing the headlining on my S3 I took they plung and did the job myself rather than get a professional involved. I ordered the beige lining from SJ's got some black Ecosued from Boyriven, and with the superb assistance of the wife on her sewing machine over the weekend we've retrimmed the visors, the panel where they are mounted ( doing around the clock was "interesting") and the cant rails. It looks great - all I've got left to do is to find and re attach the small piece of beige Velcro for the wind deflector which I only realise I'd missed a day after finishing everything else.

My problem. Now it's all fitted, the material on the bulkhead looks rather grubby compared to the rest of it which now looks really good and I'd like to replace that as well. However I'm a bit stuck with finding a source of a material which is a good match to the original. SJ's don't stock it and they said they have no idea who I could try. They pointed out that it's not beige carpet but "Motor Trimming Cloth" and Lotus refer to it as "velour" so I guess I'm after beige velour. I called Mel Broome at Lotus and he couldn't supply anything for me or suggest anyone to help. He said that when they last did a full retrim on a car like mine one of the ladies in the trim shop sourced the fabric for the bulkhead from a fashion fabric company in Norwich.

So does anyone have an idea where I could get a couple of metres of something suitable? I might try and go over the bulkhead with the Vax or with some Vanish as a temporary measure but any help on finding some suitable material would be really appreciated.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi other than coach trimers, if you have not tried these already, just go round material shops and speak to the owners! you will be suprised at how helpfull these people can be and if they cant help you they normally point you in the right direction :devil: just take a sample with you its easier than explaining what your after!

Regards danny

A

Try woolies trim (Lincolnshire or similar), the material I purchased for the same job was from them, but in black. If you describe it to them they will know what it is called, but the issue may be colour matching.

How do you remove the clock? Mine works but only the hour adjust button does anything so I am keen to have a look. Do you need to remove the whole trim to get it out?