free hit
counters
Window not working - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My passenger side window seems to have given up the ghost. I have swapped switches with the drivers side and still no joy. Plus I have tried operating it from the drivers side switch and still nothing. I am assuming that the motor has gone, but does anyone have any ideas before I go down this avenue

Also can anyone recommended where to get a motor and is there a how to online to show me how to change it?

Ta very much

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just replaced my Honda Window mechanism a couple of weeks back which involved removing the mechanism which had the motor attached. Simple enough to do and I took quite a few pics during the process, so could post them here to give you an idea of what's involved. Check the alternative parts listing on the forum for cheaper motors.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

If it is the motor, just get it rewound etc - friend did his for about $30

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Back in December I was quoted

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Still not fantastic though - motor not powerful enough - painfully slow. Good hunting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a common complaint of Fiero owners. The Power windows are REAL SLOW. The solution we discovered is adding a few more gound wires to the system. Since the car has Plastic body panels, they dont conduct like a steel body car. Adding the ground wires also address rough idle conditions, the Lights are brighter, and the Wondows go up and down faster. Something worth trying, add a few ground straps along the chassis and motor,tranny and battery. Might now be the solution but I know it worked with others.

Joe