free hit
counters
No:61 JPS Esprit forsale - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hylandmotorsport

No:61 JPS Esprit forsale

I spotted this and thought that I'd post it up here if anyone is interested in it. I don't know the seller or the car but if someone from the forum wants to view it I'd be happy to help out if I can, maybe pick them up from the airport and take them to the car. Just pm me!

Looks neat enough and the miles are low too!

Jps advert

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not if it's the condition they state, there can't be more than 40/50 JPS S2's left in the world.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

If I were going to buy an S2 I'd want a JPS one. It reminds me of the Scalextric set i had in the 70s.

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

I didn't like to comment on the price as I'm a relative 'newby' (only 12months Esprit ownership so far) but I thought this was keenly priced for what it is and given the rarety value and popularity of the model.

If the history, miles and condition are as good as it says some one will get a lovely car.

I'm thinking of going up to have a look, I've not been up close and personal with a JPS. It's only 25miles away from me, if I get up there I'll put a verdict on the forum.

Surely with only 21K miles the 2.2L is a misunderstanding on someone's part.

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS number 17 (LHD) and JPS number 98 (RHD) are also both for sale in France. Seems like veryone is selling ATM.

Hey whats wrong with this wreck? We`re getting gas back here.

No 61 is sold.

I went down to have a look at the car this afternoon and for a completely original car (non restored) it is very tidy. Only a very small amount of spider cracks in the gel coat on the drivers side wing, the rest of the body was perfect. The JPS decals looked their age but they are original and I'd be tempted to say were better for being left alone.

Mechnically the car was sound from what I got to see and interior wise the car was very good for the age and original. everything was there and nothing was damaged.

Turned out the some one I know from my rallying days has bought the car. The car has gone to a good home, he's got a few classics already and I think he'll have bought it to keep and have a bit of history as well as enjoy on the road. It'll be well looked after.

That's a pretty quick sale for an Esprit I thought?

And at a god price for the seller. Glad it went to an enthusiast. Any chance of him joining up here?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I bought an Esprit, which I believe may have been a JPS model, but sadly had already lost the black paint for a new white coat, and had lost the original motor for a very powerful 2 lt turbo engine with intercoler. Would anyone perhaps confirm the JPS status and the sequence number of it.

G'day Joe,

saw an old post of yours saying you own a JPS Esprit. Did you ever work out which one it was. I'm putting together a database of the cars and was wondering the chassis number of yours. I have # 010.

Can anyone please post the link.  I cant get to see it at the moment.  Thanks

I think the link is long gone, Phil -- the original post was four years ago!

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Oh blimey.  Should've gone gone to specsavers!!

Phil this one came up for sale a few weeks ago, Number 094. Already sold! http://www.stockscoachworks.co.uk/cars-for-sale.php?s=lotus-esprit-jps-no94-sold