free hit
counters
NMEG March Madness - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Backmarker

NMEG March Madness

21st March 2010

This month we're off to the seaside.

Well the sun was shining today, so why not?

The plan is to start off from the usual starting place at the Gingerbread Man Pub in Market Drayton at !0.30am ( meet at 10am) before making our way via Whitchurch and Chester to West Kirby.

We should be there for noon, park up along the sea front and then wander into to town to grab a bag of chips ( or whatever takes your fancy )

All are welcome, whether you're from the North Midlands or not.

If you intend attending then please add your name to this list:

1. Officer Dibble

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Graham,

I'll be there as it's not far from me.

My 10 year old daughter wants to know whether there will be any other kids there?

She's really into cars and has asked to come along so I might bring her.

David

Hi Dave,

Be good to have one the locals along.

One of my kids may be coming along depending on their football commitments.

See you there

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Graham,

Great idea, would love to come, but in the process of moving house.

Packing, sorting the loft out. found boxes unopened from the last move, as you do..

New place has a workshop 27' x 25' with pit. Am I a lucky boy or what?

hope top see you soon after we have moved.

That's if I can get away from the endless jobs to be done.

Have a great day, and a '99' on me.

Ian.

Thanks Ian.

See you soon, and in the meantime we'll send you the bill for the 99's :D

We are in

1. Officer Dibble

2. Capt Hardley-Worthit & Co pilot

Hi Guys,

I've found the fish and chips shop. Apparently it's famous but I've never heard of it. It's called Marigolds and is on Banks Road, West Kirby which is parallel with the prom road which is about 75M away. Marigolds is about another 75M into Banks Road on the right, next to pedestrian crossing. It has tables and chairs in there incase anyone wants to sit down for the meal.

Regards,

David

Hi all again,

Just went onto Google maps and copied the streetview of Marigolds so you know where it is.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Thanks for your efforts Dave.

World Famous chippy eh?

You said world not me. Like I say, I've never heard of it before but all my friend's and family have. Forgot to mention they are all 25 stone each! whistle.gif

Good to see the Kidderminster Kids turning out in force.

See you folks on Sunday

Hoping to be there subject to the little bundle of fur!!!! (and other family issues!)

I'd get a Dr to look at that and possibly some cream

hi guys i know ive not been about for ages i wont know till late on the 20th if i can make it if im not there by 10 take it im not comming

logo_01-2.jpg

Dave,

Give Anita's "bundle of fur" a break. I'm sure it'll keep till later. :thumbup:

Ian,

Be good to see you and the S1 mate. It's been a long time

Good to see everyone today and to sample " World Famous" fish and chips.

My drive to our meeting place was a little out of the ordinary.

Discovering that I only had about a quarter of a tank of juice I nipped to my local Shell garage to top up with V Max.

On the other side of the pump were two bikers who ask to follow me to Market Drayton. :)

Lets just say we make progress and two bikers are rightly impressed with the Esprit when we arrive at our meeting place. They left us to enjoy the rest of their journey.

We set off and after 2 yards I go one way and everyone else goes another way following Ade's sat nav :o

I'm certain we'll bump into each other again at Whitchurch, but I'm nearly at Waverton before I get a " where are you " call.

I'm some distance in front so I pull over and wait before joining up with the others again.

Feeling smug at having beaten Ade's sat nav I get off the M53 at jct 4 whilst the others go sailing by.

This time the sat nav wins when I discover my intended route is closed and the diversion takes me all over the Wirral :)

Eventually I meet the rest of the crew at West Kirby together with Dave Walters and friends.

Dave Oneshot had to shoot off before I got there ( sorry to have missed you Dave ) and Ian gets a needy call from his daughter, so similarly has to return home straight away.

Off to the chippy where we eat in, before taking at look at sea ( does the Dee estuary count as "sea'? ) and sand.

Dave Walters kindly leads us back to the M53 ( thanks Dave ) and we make our way home.

Next up is the Lotus Show at Malvern on the 18th April although some of us may be visiting the Lotus Roadshow at Peter Smiths on the 10th April.

Dont forget everyone is welcome and the more the merrier.

See ya soon

Hi Graham,

It was good to see the NMEG bunch albeit a smaller version. I was the only NWEG member who could make it along with my daughter.

Fish and chips were quite good but I've had better, sorry guys if you were disappointed.

As for sea, you were right on the corner of the River Dee and Irish Sea, so you did actually make it tot the seaside!

My daughter was well chuffed being in a small convoy. She took plenty of photos and also when we parted. Now she wants to come to more meets. She likes it when the people stopped and stared at our convoy.

IMG_4703.jpg

Good to see some familiar faces on Sunday for a cracking first proper run out of the year. Thanks to Dave Walters for being the tour guide and the chips wern't too bad mate.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Some good pics there boys. :D

Hope your daughter can make more hoons Dave

Sign in to follow this