free hit
counters
which Elise- - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
carlosF

which Elise-

My first post here, I'm looking for a S2 Elise to use at weekends and occasional track days, my budget is 12-15K My initial thoughts are to go for a 111S, however there are a few 135 models around, how do these compare?

Any advice/thoughts appreciated

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My first post here, I'm looking for a S2 Elise to use at weekends and occasional track days, my budget is 12-15K My initial thoughts are to go for a 111S, however there are a few 135 models around, how do these compare?

Any advice/thoughts appreciated

The 111s with it's higher BHP is easily tuned. The S2 is only slightly heavier (between 50kg an 100kg depending on model) than the S1 111s. The stock 111s has more bhp than the 135 without doing anything. My modded 111s puts out an impressive 170bhp. The standard head (non VVC) has 190bhp potential in standard factory lotus upgrades. K series is a rattly bag of bolts mind, and the VVC is not any quieter, S2 is better but if you wanted cosy quiet comfort you would have bought a Europa/ boxter/ MR2 type of car.

:)

S2 Elise: Apart from the usual, check the gearbox thoroughly and there is a potential issue with the crankshaft vibrating between 7,200 and 7,500 revs.