free hit
counters
wiper arm same as Excel? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

wiper arm same as Excel?

Is the wiper assembly/fitment on a early stevens the same as an excel?

Thanks

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Andy

I was looking on a Excel site and one ofthe chaps on there had replaced the standard wiper blade with a new flat design. I was wondering if the same could be done with the Esprit.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Yes, got one.

If you can get a certain type (those which fit with a pin) you need a longer pin, if you cannot get that type you can drill out a rivet , modify the mounting plates and use a standard pin.

The first method is in use on my Turbo Esprit, the second on the Excel.

Cheers for that.

I understand they give better pressure hence cleaner screen

Amateurs built the Ark

Hi, I posted on www.lotusexcel.net about converting to flat blades. The supplier I used is not currently listing the flat blade with adaptors that I used; however I have just found an adaptor kit which should be suitable.

Link is:

http://www.inlinefil...hcg2egji95uiev5

Edited by amoss

Fantastic, Thanks for that Alan and also Andy for your help

Amateurs built the Ark

Chris,

I'm trying to PM you the HiSpec instructions but your inbox must be full as I can't send anything to you. If you're reading this thread can you please clear you inbox a bit or PM me an email address.

Martyn :thumbsup:

So how does that pin adaptor kit integrate with the flat blade? I've got Bosch flat aerofoil blades on my Audi and the hook at the end of the arm fits inside a wrap around cover, so I suspect that a Bosch blade won't be suitable. Whose flat blades are suitable and does anyone have a photo of an adapted blade fitted to a Esprit wiper arm? thumbsup.gif

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

EPSON003-1.jpg