free hit
counters
Possible 2010 events for HEC - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Freeman

Possible 2010 events for HEC

Good to see interest in the new HEC group. Following our first meeting on Friday I said I would put a few ideas down for the 2010 Hooning season, so here goes. Nothings definate, just everyones opportunity to have their say in the style and type of events we could do.

Remember these are ideas for comment............

1. Meetings, first Thurday in each month

2. Every other meeting we should try to do a run of some sort, summer time starts in 4 weeks, so lighter evenings

3. Main events in year...........

A) March

B) April

Duxford visit (saturday or sunday) possible photo session ( need to look at possibilities)

C) May

Weekend away, camping (possibly) to some beer / music festival, have been to one in Norfolk will get details

D) June

Audley End or hatfield forest away day, all invited, football and model aircraft fun day. Picnic etc

E) July

Trip to northen France

Le Mans Classic

F) Aug

Weekend away, up north to see some of our northern friends

BBQ at Dave and Megans

G) Sept

Chip run to Cromer, sunday morning

H) Oct

I) Nov

Thats a starter for 10, once my car is running I will do a simple spread sheet to ensure we map in with other TlF events, there are some other which I do not know the dates, St Mary's classic car event, Buntingford Classic cars, visit to Car museum in Dorset, we should do a Brands Hatch day as well.

Put your ideas down, and your preference as to hope much we arrange and how many spontanious (nice day) events.

Cheers guys - your ideas please.

Edited by Dave Freeman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

definitely up for a convoy to le mans classic - what day is anyone going?

Silverstone Classic is a 3 day festival of Historic motorsport event in July and good value (See calender entry), The Lotus Festival at Snetterton is also another weekend away in June (See calendar entry). April also has the Lotus Show at Malvern. (See calendar Entry)

Speedchills do a package for LeMans Classic but we will need to book soon to secure;

LeMans Classic

Silverstone Classic;

Classic

Lotus Festival Snetterton;

Lotus Festival

I believe LEF went to The Northampton & Lamport Vintage Road & Rail Festival as well in Northants;

Clicky

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

All excellent ideas! Silverstone Classic is a must - really great day out, and the CTL boys are often there. How about the FIA GTs at Silverstone on the Sunday of May Bank Holiday weekend (the first one!)

It would be a long day out, but I have always had a hankering to do the Buttertubs Pass up in the Yorkshire Dales - maybe leave rdiculaously early, do the Pass in the morning, lunch at the Black Sheep Brewery then back to the flatlands in the afternoon?

Hi chaps, just about to set up the next regular meeting, can someone remind me if we agreed on the first or second thursday in each month.

Cheers chaps

Count me in for Duxford - I live 5 mins away. Probably need to drive for several miles in the wrong direction first or my engine will not even be warm by the time I get there.

Meeting point at A1 services at Baldock then travel to Duxford in convoy via buntingford / A10 would help blow the cobwebs away.

Hope to make the next meet on a Thursday.

Alan

Sign in to follow this