free hit
counters
ABS Diagnostics with Espritmon - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sailorbob

ABS Diagnostics with Espritmon

Yesterday my ABS warning lamp came on and gave me that 'oh no, what now?' feeling :)

When I got home I connected up the laptop and following some faffing around to get the connection settings right for Espritmon I was able to communicate with the ABS ecu. At some point the warning light went out without any error codes being visible so I pumped the brake pedal a few times (ignition on, engine off) and I noted that the brake switch on/off indicator was not changing status even though the pressurisation pump was coming on and off as expected. The warning lamp came back on and error 32 and 56 were displayed.

These errors related to the brake pedal switch. With a quick confirmation that my brake lights weren't coming on I wiggled the switch's connector and restored the switch's operation. Turning the ignition back on the brake switch on/off indicator displayed as appropriate and the warning lamp was no longer on :)

In summary, a big thank you to eriks4 for writing Espritmon. :thumbsup: It helped me quickly diagnose the fault and probably saved me a trip to the dealer.

Edited by sailorbob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like a great bit of software. Were very fortunate to have these tools available to us through this community :thumbsup:

How about becoming a Full Member to show appreciation, that's a lot of money you've saved already :)

Excellent, it's a great bit of software and a real asset ;)

Derek, fancy updating your profile so we know what Esprit you've got!?

Where can I download this software from?

Regards,

David Walters

Thanks Bibs,

Does this work using the freescan lead into your ECU port or do you plug it somewhere else?

I will buy a 4 cylinder project one day and it would be handy.

Thanks,

David Walters

Thanks Jim,

I'll give that a try tomorrow and see if I can connect. Not to my V8 I might add!

David

Anyone got an up to date link for Espritmon program also what lead do I need to connect the laptop. I tried the link from an earlier posting on here but no joy.

Cheers guys.