free hit
counters
'Lotus' Gold Decal on side - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
superdavelotus

'Lotus' Gold Decal on side

Hi all,

I need two gold Lotus decals which go right next to the Esprit Turbo HC decal, can anyone help please? I don't know the part number or indeed if Lotus still stock these?

Has anyone bought them from another source who can make more?

I am not looking to save any money, I am just looking for quickest source.

I came to attach my side decals only to find the Lotus bit missing and I am eager to get them on!

Regards,

David Walters

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm afriad I can't help, but nice looking Turbo Dave!

Hi Mark, Thanks mate, it's come a long since that photo and looks a lot better. fitted the wasteband strip yesterday and just ordered some gold pin stripe today. Can't wait to get the decals and pin stripes done!

If I don't find some soon either from Lotus or other supplier then I'll take a trip to our local graphics guy to knock up some for me. It's just a bit of a hassle as I'll have to photocopy the logo and measure the size etc then talk it through with the guy.

David

David have you had a word with Robert Crooks. He had the decals made up for his JPS S2.

Also could take some pics, dimensions etc off my HC if needed.

Badges are British and are therefore OK

Decalls are American and therefore to be avoided, Mr Chapman was having only a temporary lapse when he ordered the fitting of such. :)

How about part No A089U1770F?

No illustration in the parts manual but that might be what you are looking for?

Sue

Hi Cliff,

Good idea! I have Robert's number so I'll give him a ring later today. Thanks for the kind offer of taking some pics. I think I have this covered as there's a HC Turbo in at PNM at the moment and they are only 10 minutes away from me. I've booked my wife's car in next door to them for MOT today, so will try and remember to take the camera when I go and collect it to take some pictures of the sticker.

Sue,

Many thanks for the part number, I'll ring around today to see what it comes up as. Will keep you posted.

Regards,

David Walters

I've just been looking on my PC and thought I may have drawn the logo in the past. Sods law is that I've drawn up just about every other logo exect the Lotus logo! Argh! I might drawn it up sometime.

SimonsLogo.jpg

Is this what you are looking for? Available in any size any colour according to the seller.

80.jpg

If so available on ebay Clicky

Hi bingoking,

No it isn't I am afraid, it's an interlocking Lotus only logo like this one

Owners_ChrisWeeden_18.jpg

OK I see what you are looking for now.

Dave,

What format are your logo drawings in (assuming you have a digital copy)?

Edited by Nelly9000

Hi Neil,

They started life as dwg (CAD) drawings, then converted to PDF and to post on here JPG. Depending on you graphics company, I might be able to convert to whatever format they are using. Quality isn't perfect but good enough for stickers etc. I only threw them together for Simon's wedding as he was in a pickle!

Oh, I have drawn them full size.

David

Hi all,

Tried the part number Sue gave me A089U1770F, think they are about £20 each. I had ask Pete at PNM the other day and he said that he had none. I decided whilst my wife's car was in next door to them having an MOT to pop in. I went through all of their stickers/badges/decals or whatever you want to call them and guess what I found?

Yes two Lotus stickers! This was the good news but then came some bad. The Esprit Turbo HC stickers were very old and when I found them on the boot, they were damp. I took them in the house and tried to dry them out naturally. They have turned brown at one end (see pic).

IMG_4557.jpg

I applied the stickers on the RH side which went on OK but when I tried the LH side, firstly the paper you peel off first stuck to various parts of the sticker and wouldn't come off. It delaminated, so I had to carefully pick it off, making sure I didn't touch the sticky part of the sticker. Then when I applied the sticker to the body, it would stick properly. The backing strip appeared to be much more sticky than the sticker itself! I kept having to reapply the sticker when it was wanting to peel off, rub harder on the backing then try again. It still wouldn't work. So I tried my best and used a craft knife to hold the sticker onto the body whilst trying the pull the backing off. The end of the sticker simply won't stick to the body. I might try some sort of adhesive tomorrow but not sure what to use? I might need a new sticker. Only problem is that they are obsolete from 10/01/2010. Will need to possible get it made.

Anyway, here's a pics of the RH side

IMG_4561.jpg

Regards,

David

Edited by superdavelotus

Ah thats a bugger dude! Bet your well pissed!

Any vinyl/signwriters near you? They should be able to do something for you withough too much difficulty i'd have thought, maybe even be able to suggest an adhesive to use?

I actually work for a sign company, and we can pretty much use anything. I need to get some lettering cut for my S2. I have taken a rubbing of the old lettering which the guys were going to scan in. Would you be able to send me over what you have please?

We can import PDF;s into our composer software so that would be perfect. I will PM you my e-mail address if thats OK?

Dave,

That's a smart looking HC Turbo.

Is it the one that PNM had for ages? I seem to recall seeing one there back in July 2004.

Incidentally, if you do get a set of decals made up, I would probably be interested in buying a spare set for my car. It might help to keep costs down.

The only difference is that mine are red...

DSC00540.jpg

Hi Pat,

Yes it's the same car that's been sitting in PNM workshop that you saw back in 2004. In fact, it's been in his workshop since 1992!!!!!!!! He never got round to finishing it. My friend, Alan Croft bought it in 2007 in view to finishing it but just recently, had change in circumstances and now I have it.

I have a long list of things to do, over 50 in total and keep adding to the list! I've done about 31 on the list already.

It's now back at PNM getting wastegate freed, fuel sender fixed and tracking done along with a few other things.

Exterior is 99% complete, now to finish off interior which is only fixing back a few trims and carpet. Rest of carpet was replaced by Pete.

As for decals, it's PNM where I'll be getting them from or the graphics guy that he uses. He's made them in the past, so give him a ring and order a pair.

Regards,

David Walters

Yep, I remember PM showing me your Esprit when mine went in for a cambelt.

If I remember correctly it was in a million bits, but had only covered a handful of miles. I vaguely recall that it had quite an interesting history, but I can't remember now.

I might be asking PM for a quote to replace a petrol tank. I am pretty sure that my driver's side tank is shot. It stinks of petrol and the foam at the bottom is damp.

I'm not sure that I have the patience to replace it myself, but it doesn't look like a cheap job...

Hi Pat,

Yes it never got past 75% complete. I saw it for past 8 years on a weekly basis. Yes it was in a million pieces. I know it's not 100% finished but getting very close. It's just nice to see it back on the road.

Email when you are ready to have your tank done. I might be able to save you hundreds of pounds. [email protected]

David Walters

ps. Where did you get your wheels polished? I was thinking about doing the same but leaving centres gold? Last place I took my S4s wheels was Prescot Wheels I think.

Dave,

The rims were stripped and polished at Leigh Metal Polishers in Swinton, Manchester.

They were about £30 per wheel, but I have had others done since and they are a bit more expensive these days.

I painted the centres myself, just using aerosols from Halfords and they turned out pretty well. I haven't lacquered the alloy and just give them a tickle with Solvol a couple of times a year. They still look pretty good seven years later.

I only decided to polish mine because the whole wheels were originally plain silver and looked pretty bland against the white paint.

I think your wheels in silver and gold are already a superb contrast to the black. I would leave them alone unless they need restoring anyway.

DSC00537.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

I'll start a new thread about this.

David

Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum, but I'm happy to see such an big amount of dedicated people.

I'm also very interested in the drawings for the stickers. I own a plotter that I can use to do basically all these decals by myself and I guess I will need it as soon as I own a Esprit myself. I made some basic drawings already by myself in an vector format.

Could I get your files?

Cheers

Kaes