free hit
counters
where to get lotus esprit jps gold trim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
craig bennett

where to get lotus esprit jps gold trim

hi all just bought a lotus jps no 61 iam looking the gold trim that runs up the front screen along the roof and down the rear boot on both sides as it is broken on my car. plus any help on fitting it many thanks craigpost-9945-12684270244_thumb.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

SJ Sportscars (Google them) had the gold trim remanufactured recently so should be able to supply you what need.

Yes try SJ. I think Robert Crooks ordered some from them for his JPS recently.

David

Ps. Welcome to the forum BTW!

Now I think about it, Robert bought some silver then had it coated himself I think by his bodyshop. PM him and ask.

Regards,

David Walters

Craig

Yes I got that response from SJS. So I bought silver and the guys at Surface & Design in Blackpool refinished it in gold when they did my respray. It looks perfect. If you speak to Andrew there, I am sure he will explain what they did. I am sure they could repeat the process for you.

Robert

Welcome to the forum, Craig. I used to have a JPS Esprit and it always got a positive reaction from other drivers. And it wasn't as nice-looking as yours. I think they have about the best Esprit interior with the half-leather seats and proper steering wheel (complete with Mario's signature).

It's a slim chance , but you might try contacting R.D. Enterprises in the US. He still shows the silver trim and probably was getting his from SJ Sportscars in the first place(where I got mine a few years ago).

Being the JPS cars are so limited I can't see him stocking it, but it might be worth an email. http://www.rdent.com/

They aren't painted, therefore there isn't a paint code. There is a gold metal trim that is covered with a "plastic" coating. If you simply try to paint this I doubt you'll get a good finish or that it will be lasting. It is very difficult to replicate the original gold finish. However, when Surface & Design did my full respray, after lots of different attempts, they came up with a process to refinish the silver trims to a lasting gold colour. They look totally original. I would recommend that you talk to Andrew there on 01253 595800.

The topic recently came up with regard to a piece of interior trim. SJ Sports Cars has the majority of the interior trim available in gold anodized or silver, but the trim on the door pull was not available. Someone suggested using a gold mylar tape over it. It worked great. When I had my JPS car repainted, I was able to score one of the last sets of the gold exterior trim. If forced to do it again, I'd look into the gold mylar tape.

Bill

JPS 24 (Federal)