free hit
counters
Knightrider - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Knightrider

Mark Blanchard

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really should have seen that episode being the resident Hoff fan :D I refuse to believe that the Hoff could possibly lose. It's because his hairdo creates so much drag. Esprit owners hair are always full of grease, slicked back and aerodynamic :D

To tell you the truth I've never been able to sit through an episode of Knight Rider. My nephew is obsessed though :lol:. I remember him once while I was taking him for a spin in my car explaining to me the intricacies of KITT's evil twin, KARR. My nephew is 12, which probably says something about society that he's talking about and obsessing over a show as old as me.

Seriously. I've got to see that episode now. I may have more respect from my Nephew now, knowing that I can actually, theoretically, win the Hoff in a race (what a prize). I used to have to buy him Yu-Gi-Oh cards to keep him from hating me, but now I've got something infinitely more expensive to do that.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I used to think that was the coolest car in the world... :lol:

Knight_Rider_Intro.jpg

"Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the

dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Michael Knight, champions the cause of the

innocent, the helpless, the powerless in a world

of criminals who operate above the law.

A lone crusader in the dangerous world...

...the world of the Knight Rider."

Theme tune B)

Wow... I actually refrained from posting that for once, and Wayne came through for me! :lol:

I don't know about gay... but those puppies are pretty hot :D

It's now actually to the point that people on the forum are admitting to watching/enjoying Knight Rider. My introduction of the hoff is actually blossoming people's desires. Creating an environment where Hoff/Man love is not frowned upon.

Next week I expect a "Whoa, are all the rest of you watching Baywatch too?" thread that has not even a loose connection with Esprits :D

Divorce rates on this forum will skyrocket.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

• 1 month later...
I remember that episode way back when it first aired!  It was my favorite Knight Rider episode ever!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guess you guys are talking about this episode:

Let It Be Me (episode #45) Originally aired: Sunday May 13, 1984 on NBC

Writer: Robert Foster, Robert Gilmer

Director: Bernard McEveety

Story: William Elliot

Show Stars: Rebecca Holden (April Curtis [season 2]), David Hasselhoff (Michael Knight), Edward Mulhare (Devon Miles), William Daniels (KITT)

All Guest Stars: Catherine Hickland (Stevie March), Michael C. Gwynne (Paul Brock), Shanna Reed (Barbara Bellingham), John Patrick Reger (Greg Noble), Joseph Burke (Unknown)

Production Code: 57834

Posing as a singer in a rock band, Michael looks for the connection between the former lead singer's "accidental" death and an encoded videotape found in his personal effects.

David Hasselhoff did his own singing for this episode.

No real race between KITT and Esprit, though... :)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

It's called "Knights (in/of) the fast lane" and I was fairly sure it was from series three.

I have been trying to get hold of it for over a year but the last time I looked (admittedly it was several months ago!) they still hadn't released that series

Knights in the Fast Lane

Summary:

Michael hopes to flush out a futuristic sports car by challenging its murderous owner (Alan Feinstein) to a street race--with KITT as the prize.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Would go nicely with my transformer! :)(Runabout)

1359.jpg

http://www.transformerland.com/show_parent...rent&toyid=1359

Very clever website - lets you identify which one you have by colour and type!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

COOL!

At last! :)

Thanks Mark.

Are they about to have a rush on that dvd?! lol

..and is ebay about to se a rush on Transformers?!

It's called "Knights (in/of) the fast lane" and I was fairly sure it was from series three.

I have been trying to get hold of it for over a year but the last time I looked (admittedly it was several months ago!) they still hadn't released that series

Knights in the Fast Lane

Summary:

Michael hopes to flush out a futuristic sports car by challenging its murderous owner (Alan Feinstein) to a street race--with KITT as the prize.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I think this episode will have a rerun in the next 10 days on German TV. I will try to tape... (ouch) ...I mean record it...

Ciao,

JB

Mark,

I'm currently trying to upload the esprit clips from this episode onto LEW as we speak. We're just having some technical probs with playback. Fear not, we will prevail!!!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Here's a clip from the episode.  Doesn't show the G car though:

Knights in the fast lane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The two first shots are showing the G-car...hardly recognizable... :)

Ciao,

JB

Looks like a Turbo with the Louvres removed!

Err... and sounds more like a Ferrari V12!!