free hit
counters
clutch slave cylinder - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sylba

clutch slave cylinder

Hello,

Do you know from what a car the clutch slave cylinder is on my 1989 Esprit Turbo?

The gearbox is from a Renault (R25?)

Thanks for your answers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This has been covered here tonnes of times, do a bit of searching and you will easily find the answer.

Replacements can be found in the parts cross reference pages for about a tenner ;)

Hello,

Do you know from what a car the clutch slave cylinder is on my 1989 Esprit Turbo?

The gearbox is from a Renault (R25?)

Thanks for your answers

Landrover 90/110

They made various types on those cars.

There's cross reference lists of each Esprit model, all the information is in there, it's a good idea to search before asking, you learn even more on the way. ;)

Living on the north NSW coast, I just got our local truck hydraulic place to hone it and supply suitable seals, no problems in more than 2 years now.

I just thought I would confirm the use of a Land Rover slave cylinder on the '88 Esprit Turbo. I've just fitted one to mine and it works perfectly.

The part number is 266694G (that's the Land Rover number). It's from a LR Series II (or IIa) vehicle. Make sure you get the Series II not III as the later one is different and will not fit.

The only difference between the original Lotus part and the Land Rover one was that the thread on the connector between the clutch pipe and the cylinder was smaller on the new part but this was easily solved as I just swapped the existing connector with a male/mail connector (used for connecting brake pipes) from my local parts shop. This might not be applicable in all cases as it will depend on what's on the end of your clutch hose.

Richard

i fitted a land rover one to my turbo high wing and it fit straight on, hose had been changed to a braided one so maybee thats whey it was a straight swap

just need the valeo part number for the clutch kit and im sorted