free hit
counters
WOW! Brand new dry sump Turbo engine - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Simon350S

WOW! Brand new dry sump Turbo engine

What a potential opportunity!

If I had some spare cash I'd be having it most probably!

If its a good, new, unused as described its gotta be worth good £££

Theres a risk I guess that it is just a 'display engine' but it looks all there!

Clicky!

Just noticed, no cam belt.

Still..... its a unique opportunity!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you look closely, you'll see Trevsked's name already scratched on it.

Just a wild stab in the dark...

I suspect that, if this engine has any legs at all, it may be snapped up by Don Skedgelone. <genuflect now>

I suspect that, if this engine has any legs at all, it may be snapped up by Don Skedgelone. <genuflect now>

For legs should we be reading "pistons, Crankshft, etc ?

It's going to go for alot more than £330, or Trev's not the only one with his name nearly on it..

Hope I haven't spoiled a possible sleeper for anyone on here!

Just felt the need to post about it incase someone on here needs one but didn't see it.

Sounds like he's not sure exactly what he's got, I'd be bigging up the Dry-Sump status of it in the title.

One mans ignorance, anothers gain I guess :)

Sparky,

Oh dear, am I that transparent? be carefull when you answer that:). Baddabing.

Trevor.

this might a dum thing to say but if it was a display engine how do you know if all the internal parts are in the engine and its not just a shell shuriken.gif

Cost of a dry sump engine rebuild £5k...if you can get the parts..

Bidding up to a rich by logical £2,050 and increasing :)

The seller confirmed that the engine is complete including internals, turbo and exhaust manifold.

Should be an interesting little auction :)

Edited by mike_sekinger

I guess somebody (prospective purchaser) probably needs to know if that particular engine was just plucked from the production line or of there was some reason why it was chosen as the display item (engineering defect), hopefully it's just the former.

"this is a workin engine with all componants and parts"

Not without a cambelt it isn't.... Where did it go?

Anyway, still a goldmine of parts (hopefully! - Did cross my mind that a maybe an ex development dyno unit...)

hi i never used this b4 but ill just let you no this in a compleat engine was taken from a line all workind been put on a stand and put in a main deales office if a very rear itam i have been told

hi my number is 07731555909 if you wont to txt me or call me for some questions

In case the penny hasn't dropped guys, the engine on Ebay is being sold by Ryan. Good luck wih the sale, let's hope it goes to a worthy home.

Well it's got a pricey now, add shipping to Australia and for something I don't have an emidate need for ?

Still interested in white 88 Esprit in Sussex if anyone fancies taking a look to see just how much fire damage.

I guess if the engine number was known a quick phone call to Lotus would clear up any what, how and why questions re the engine and where it came from.

I DO HAVE THE ENGINE NUMBER IT IS 0907B0050Y OR B0907B0050Y NOT TO SURE IF ITS B OR 0 AT BEGINING

Hmmmm....

According to my manual Turbo engine serial numbers should be 910? eg our UK spec engines have a serial number of the style

CD 910 84 11 12345

Hopefully this won't be a cobbled together hodge podge of miss-matched parts as it would be an expensive piece of modern art at the current bid level sad.gif

e.g. an N/A engine and head (with the 'wrong' spec exhaust valves, 11:1 pistons etc) but with a turbo manifold and 'plumbing' but then the photo implies a dry sump

I wonder can any factory sources shed any light on this?? Perhaps the development engines used 907 blocks and this is one of those?

The engine number seems to ask more questions than it answers!

John

I imagine that's a crankcase (or summat) part number!

Sparky - Good point, I suppose it might not have an engine number in the conventional sense or else Ryan (understandably) doesn't know where to look.

Ryan - How about posting up a photo of the block from above showing the starter motor area as thats where we would expect to see the serial number?

Ever more intriguing!

Expert opinion suggests that the scavenge (oil) pump which is a hens teeth part is not with the engine.

Anybody familiar with a dry sump engine out of a car able to confirm?

As Sparky said B907... is the block part number, the dry sump engines were built using the 1st revision of the 907 block, this was found to twist too much with a standard sump, hence the dry-sump set-up was used, then the later block came out (912 style) and the full wet sump could be used and the expensive dry-sup set-up could be done away with .

So put us out of our misery - Did anyone on here actually secure the engine at its price of £2550?

I'm not convinced that you wouldn't need / want to strip the engine and completely rebuild it in any event!?!

John

Edited by Mr_John111