free hit
counters
Chargecooler Core Flow Direction - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sailorbob

Chargecooler Core Flow Direction

Does any know whether the direction of the coolant flow through the chargecooler core is important. I'm looking at the best way to plumb in an electric pump and by reversing the flow through the core it will make the plumbing a lot easier. The flow through the radiator will remain the same (inlet at the top, outlet at the bottom) and the header tank outlet will remain on the suction side of the pump.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hello derek, pretty sure someone put this on a while a go, from memory i dont think the flow direction is an issue

I searched the forum and read quite a few posts but didn't find anything on this. I also think I once saw a cut open core but cannot remember where.

I searched the forum and read quite a few posts but didn't find anything on this. I also think I once saw a cut open core but cannot remember where.

Do you mean this:

The coldest water must enter at the outlet side of the turbocharged air to get maximum cooling effect.

It does have an 'in' 'out' stamped on it - yours might be unclear.

Definitely an 'in' marked on it, I cannot remember if there's an 'out'. I wasn't sure if the the 'in' was there to avoid people putting the hoses on the wrong way relative to the flow or if it was because the flow through the core was critical.

I think it's more to do with benefit for the pump than the matrix though.

Cant see it'll make much difference myself.

I think it's more to do with benefit for the pump than the matrix though.

Cant see it'll make much difference myself.

The Lotus design is a cross flow heat exchanger, if you connect it wrong it will get a parrallel flow.

Efficiency difference:

http://www.engineersedge.com/heat_exchanger/Camparison_heat_exchanger_types.htm

Cooler = more power :)

Edited by bosbon_be