free hit
counters
Fram XH 16 / XG43- anybody tried them - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
andydclements

Fram XH 16 / XG43- anybody tried them

Has anybody tried the supposedly better Fram filters?

I'm sure some of us use the PH2857a or PH16/ PH 43 standard range/ 1st step -up range, but has anybody tried the Extendedguard range (3rd step-up).

I'm considering them but it may prove difficult to get them. I'm not thinking along the lines of longer intervals between oil changes, I'm thinking better filtering, cleaner engine etc.

Yes I know Lotus have a genuine filter, but I'm guessing it probably maps across to the PH range.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not on an Esprit but yes I have had prior experience. Good product, but so long as it's a known quality brand I'm really not sure of what sort of gain there is in using them.

I use Ryco, change my oil every 12 months, which is less than 5000K, I use Castrol Edge.

I once cut a Fiaam filter apart, no secrets, just an oil filter. I also cut apart an Asian import, "just as good guv" it was rubbish about 50% of the filtering of a Ryco.

Just my opinion, change your oil regularly, use a good quality filter, change it every oil change (it's cheap) and it will go for years.

I use Ryco, change my oil every 12 months, which is less than 5000K, I use Castrol Edge.

Hi Roger, whats the Ryco part number ?

Z89A :thumbup: