free hit
counters
Elite/Eclat/Excel picture thread! - Page 31 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elite/Eclat/Excel picture thread!

• Gold FFM

I was lucky in that the plate came on another Excel I bought blind years ago. I just transferred it to the wifes Excel. It's now going to be transferred to my Esprit.

20210312_144224.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings from the states everyone. Here is a few shots of my 523 in Red Rocks Park in Colorado. We have sun year round here, so even after a little snow the roads clear. Lots of twisty mountain roads

Hi Chris, Here are some more pictures of my Elite, as requested. The photos were taken for a recent feature in Absolute Lotus magazine after my car had undergone a two year restoration at Lo

From our race last weekend (it should be noted that we won our class after 8 years of trying  ) : Lotus Elite by Brian Knudson, on Flickr Lotus Elite by Brian Knudson, on Flickr

Posted Images

On 19/04/2021 at 06:18, Don.Hasi said:

Nice find of a true and honest review.

By the way... to be honest I am waiting now several years of a similar nice picture set of your wedges in the same way as your Esprit @89esprit ;) will it ever appear?

I'll dig one up!

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 14:44, 89esprit said:

Here you are @Don.Hasi 

IMG_4769.JPG

1529187719390.jpg

these are the first pictures of a fed version I ever remember where the fed bumper doesn't look misplaced. Not as good maybe like the European version but nevertheless good. 

Did you manage the upholstery yourself ? It looks absolutely top notch. Again one of the best work I have ever seen. Oh and did the car already come with the rear seat belt in place?

Overall very good looking pictures of a gorgeous car.

14 hours ago, Don.Hasi said:

these are the first pictures of a fed version I ever remember where the fed bumper doesn't look misplaced. Not as good maybe like the European version but nevertheless good. 

Did you manage the upholstery yourself ? It looks absolutely top notch. Again one of the best work I have ever seen. Oh and did the car already come with the rear seat belt in place?

Overall very good looking pictures of a gorgeous car.

Thanks for the compliments..

I wish I could say I did, but there is no way I could've managed to do those seats myself. I had an upholstery shop near me cover them. They were originally that nasty cloth material.

I was absolutely stunned when I got them back. I'm sure he's never seen any seats like that in his life and it sure says a lot of his talent to have them come out so good. He's also done the seats and console in my '89 Esprit and a '67 Imperial I have. Not cheap but it proves the old adage true once again... you get what you pay for.

My wife and I did manage to re-cover all the trim pieces and put in the headliner ourselves. Those are covered in suede.

Getting all that prosthetic leg material of that roof was horrible. LOL

The seat bells were already mounted in the car by way.

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150