Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 19 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Haha yes it was portrayed as perfectly feasible for Reg Varney/Dick Emery/Ronnie Barker etc to pull hugely endowed young lovelies. Perhaps the photographer made the chap above look deliberately like ACBC to appeal to his ego?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah, surely the similarity is not a coincidence?

And as they say: "it's the car, chicks dig the car." :-)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice and shiny.

y4mLdHsDYjC5Z2UIzF3zfQpWAasE-NkTBLFcHLFY

Nose badge is shiny as well

y4mSuWLbYKBpjimWChFRYMQ8cMEI1etIlQEl3FD-

• Like 2

Nikasil liner gave way on one of the pistons, so new pistons, liners etc. Just back from GST.

I always wondered who it was that was being chauffered around in the Pink Panther Mobil. 

• 1 month later...

Far from an old timer's car these days Tom, they have been embraced by not only the fact that the sharp design looks awesome on today's roads,

But the retro car scene has taken quite a liking to them also with lowered cars and larger wider wheels. 

Not that would make the true enthusiasts happy but is has defiantly taken some of these cars from been used as storage bins and discarded on driveways under tarpaulins. 

So all good in my eyes. 

A

23 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Lovely car Lez,

It's so nice when the locals turn out in period costume as well :P

A few year ago the locals actually did dress in period costume. The shops also used to dress their windows. The car show used to (and still does) tour round the local villages and the locals used to bring chairs etc to the ends of the roads and wave as you went past :welcome:. All change now of course. Its other motorists that wave because they are having to wait until we go past!✌️🖕   

• Gold FFM

Up here in gods country we have an annual show in Granton on Spey where the village is closed off for the day and the streets filled with classic cars. Great day out with a real family atmosphere. It became so popular that they now have to limit it to 500 cars and these slots are usually booked up well in advance.

http://www.grantown-motormania.co.uk/gallery

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Testdriver said:

@johnpwalsh is this each year the first Sunday in September? If so, I might join in 2019 🙂 

You might still have time to sneak in for this year Daniel. If you want to go for next year, pm me and we will add you to our list of entrants. We do this as a block booking and all our Lotus are lined up together in the village. Another one to bare in mind if you can get across is the huge show at Glamis. Over 2000 vehicles on show. This year is our club 10th anniversary and we have a big stand organised with cars from 1968 through to the current day demonstrators, over 40 cars on show in total.

https://www.glamis-castle.co.uk/event/the-44th-scottish-transport-extravaganza/