Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 20 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 26/06/2018 at 07:29, johnpwalsh said:

You might still have time to sneak in for this year Daniel. If you want to go for next year, pm me and we will add you to our list of entrants. We do this as a block booking and all our Lotus are lined up together in the village. Another one to bare in mind if you can get across is the huge show at Glamis. Over 2000 vehicles on show. This year is our club 10th anniversary and we have a big stand organised with cars from 1968 through to the current day demonstrators, over 40 cars on show in total.

https://www.glamis-castle.co.uk/event/the-44th-scottish-transport-extravaganza/

Thanks @johnpwalsh, Glamis in July is a bit too early for me, and I have already plans for this September. Will PM you regarding 2019

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

What about this one. Just had first polish in 18 years. Loaded and off to Glamis motor extravaganza for the weekend to join 40 other Lotus, 2000 cars plus in total.

arf 002.jpg

• Like 1

Very sharp. The elite is looking better by the day against today's mass produced jelly mounds. 

6 hours ago, Testdriver said:

donhasi - nice one! I see in your profile vx220 instead of the Elan - switched cars?

Thank you. No, the VX220 is longer in ownership. The Elan is gone, because of family expansion. Was a cracking car and broke the heart of my wife for letting it go, but 2 two seater make no sense by the moment. Truly underestimated Lotus like the 4seater as well

• Gold FFM

supercool 😍 why the trailer?

Simple. 31/2 hour drive on dual carriageway at a constant 70 MPH might just be a bit much for a first time on the road in 16 years.

But she is looking good now and getting better all the time. I will post some videos of our show later, it was bloody fantastic. Now knackered.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Never seen this paint scheme before. The car started out maroon, was then dark green and is now black and white. I was thinking of going back to the original colour but the lotus script down the side is growing on me.

IMG_20180808_175446.jpg

I think it looks retrotastic. I like it. I have a 1977 Matra Simca Bagheera S which has factory paint and a similar period stripe and that strip makes the car stand out. If you remove it, you'll lose the uniqueness and probably regret it. I have seen that unusual LOTUS script on the owners manual so it's very 70's Lotus. 

IMG_2583.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Don't underestimate the power of a few stickers, it's the automotive equivalent of make up or war paint. It has the ability to arouse people and value things  differently. Look at what Lotus did with the éclat sprint. They took the most basic models (520 and 521) and stuck some stickers and matt black paint on them and consequently these cars became special. 

Looks great - both outside and inside.

Whereabouts are you based?