free hit
counters
Elite/Eclat/Excel picture thread! - Page 14 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gghc87

Elite/Eclat/Excel picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 01/07/2017 at 17:07, Don't Be Foolish said:

Lotus Elite 12.JPG

This lot is what got me into Lotus in the first place.  The Elite looked stunning when I first saw them back in the early 80s and they look even better now!

I'm a wedge fan through and through :)

• Like 2

Today's outing at a car show. Parked up next to a very nice Stag :)

2017-07-09%2010.26.30-1_zps9ydsz6hk.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking Stag, but must say the old Banana is the stunner.

Cool. That's a funky colour. What is it?  Is that a factory option or was it done at some later stage? 

Lovely looking éclat. These cars always look better in my opinion when mixed with other classics of the period at shows.

1 hour ago, phoenix said:

Cool. That's a funky colour. What is it?  Is that a factory option or was it done at some later stage? 

Its an earlier lotus colour 'Lotus pistachio lime green'.

I saw a plus2 in this colour and thought it would suit the elite.

Must get those wheels done!

• Like 1

I've used Spit n Polish in Tonbridge to restore a set of Wolfrace and am very happy with their result. Diamond cutting is great but someone recently told me that being a raw metal, it needs to be buffer polished in order to achieve a high temperature on the surface of the alloy which helps seal the metal giving better results in terms of mirror shine, longetivity  and helping to withhold pressure, as alloys have a tendency to breath more than steel wheels, particularly when old. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Don.Hasi said:

Thanks. No, Daniel. Was there another black Riviera? Did you take any pictures?

there are photos on lotus-forum.de in the solitude revival thread!

It's been a bit quiet here lately. In Greece at mo. Saw this at the beach and thought it would raise a chuckle.  Sorry it's not elite/éclat/excel material but it is, at least automotive. 

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

To keep things in balance. Lovely 1977 éclat 520 sporting period Wolfies.

IMG_9088.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikeeech said:

Love the wolfrace wheels! I actually fancy a drive in that van too:P

éclats look fantastic in GKN's as it's a very period look and suit the cars. The GKN wheel looks like an early jet turbine. The Speedlines look good on later S2 cars as they give the impression of speed. Wolfies are a funny one for me as I think they look great on the original esprit but don't suit all cars. Having said that, I think that when this vehicle is restored to former glory and the wheels are polished up, they will complement all the shiny chrome work and light interior and look the part. 

Beautiful pics of KAH 534V. I think that there are too many pics out there of very sad looking elites/éclats. It's showing off the cars in this condition that help bring their values up to where they belong. 

1 hour ago, oilmagnet477 said:

@soldave Nothing against Stags but you do seem to park next to one on an alarmingly regular basis!!

at loan classic last year 1000 cars, of which 19 were stags and 1 was a four seat hethel wedge (mine). we did get back from that and bought a stag though, as my five foot wife can reach the pedals in a stag but not an eclat.

interestingly both the stag and the lotus had water pump failures in Normandy. the eclats sealed up and she limped home on a drip, but the worn away stag water pump drive teeth meant a 12 hour recovery.

On 10/08/2017 at 12:05, oilmagnet477 said:

@soldave Nothing against Stags but you do seem to park next to one on an alarmingly regular basis!!

Not by choice - I just go where they put me!

Just to close the loop between forums and threads. L'il Fecker is at a new home, has a new MOT and has been wash polished and waxed. A plan of work is being put together.IMG_20170812_153957-EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.26c9bdc28c497d2a3b26900b09fffc08.jpg

IMG_20170727_185419.jpg

IMG_20170727_191755.jpg

IMG_20170727_191813.jpg

• Like 2