free hit
counters
Elite/Eclat/Excel picture thread! - Page 27 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gghc87

Elite/Eclat/Excel picture thread!

@rjwooll I take your point regarding windscreen line to the drop for the door. It looks better now! Though the chrome then starts rising up and somehow the flow is not quite to my liking. 

Eclat is a stunning design, if it had a Maserati or Lambo badge, everyone would be swooning around them and coffee table books at £zillions per copy would have been written.

Justin 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was fortunate to had both at one time and both have their charme. I love the MY89 with its wheels, arches, spats and Citroen mirrors as well as the S2 Eclat with the lighter glass sections, more and better view and the reliable gearbox too. I think the best way is, to own each of them. 
spacer.png

@Tim Jones you’re must be the best Eclat in existence. Fabulous. Where did you get your interior done? Looks spotless. Real stunning

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Don.Hasi said:

I was fortunate to had both at one time and both have their charme. I love the MY89 with its wheels, arches, spats and Citroen mirrors as well as the S2 Eclat with the lighter glass sections, more and better view and the reliable gearbox too. I think the best way is, to own each of them. 
spacer.png

@Tim Jones you’re must be the best Eclat in existence. Fabulous. Where did you get your interior done? Looks spotless. Real stunning

Thank you Don for your kind words. You have lifted my mood after a bad day. I was preparing for a nice long run, the first since lockdown, when the water pump started leaking all over my drive. Gutted. 

I re-coloured the seats and fitted the carpets myself. I had the headlining done for me. There are some before and after pics of the upholstery further up this thread. 

I bought this car in Sept 1985

• Like 2

Black coachwork really highlights the chrome trim. Fab. 

Owning more than one Lotus is an ideal state of affairs.

Justin