free hit
counters
No More German...Hello Japanese! - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

No More German...Hello Japanese!

Kimbers

CNH -

do you live in california?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I grew up in Hawaii where I met my wife and then moved to her home state of Minnesota.

I'm of Japanese ancestry and spent some time in CA during prolonged visits in my younger years.

It was below -20F last week it was cold. These are the times I wish I was back in Hawaii.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that one thing we find hardest to deal with since moving to America is the property tax. It's 1.25 of the what you paid for your house, normally paid in 2 instalements, 1 just before Christmas when you get your bonus from work, and the second in April, just after you get your tax rebate. Then, if you have to get permits (planning permission) for home improvements the cost of the work gets added onto the value and you pay property tax on that as well!

We are still in a property boom over here and the median price of a house is about $500,000. In Santa Barbara it's over $1,000,000. That's $12,500 a year, or over $1,000 a month just in property tax.

To add insult to injury, they are building houses like mad around here so the local council must be raking it in but I don't know what they are doing with the money, especially when they start talking about things like stopping recreational use of the local lake to save money and go on about how they cannot afford more police in L.A.

Rant mode to "off" :(

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I grew up in Hawaii where I met my wife and then moved to her home state of Minnesota.

I'm of Japanese ancestry and spent some time in CA during prolonged visits in my younger years.

It was below -20F last week it was cold. These are the times I wish I was back in Hawaii.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where do you live in MN. I use to live there too, in St. Paul. EASTSIDE

I must admit that one thing we find hardest to deal with since moving to America is the property tax.  It's 1.25 of the what you paid for your house, normally paid in 2 instalements, 1 just before Christmas when you get your bonus from work, and the second in April, just after you get your tax rebate.  Then, if you have to get permits (planning permission) for home improvements the cost of the work gets added onto the value and you pay property tax on that as well!

We are still in a property boom over here and the median price of a house is about $500,000.  In Santa Barbara it's over $1,000,000.  That's $12,500 a year, or over $1,000 a month just in property tax.

To add insult to injury, they are building houses like mad around here so the local council must be raking it in but I don't know what they are doing with the money, especially when they start talking about things like stopping recreational use of the local lake to save money and go on about how they cannot afford more police in L.A.

Rant mode to "off"  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The real estate over here is quite insane. Its difficult for a young guy like myself to start building some equity with the 2 bedroom condominiums around me going for $550,000++++. (The extra pluses are there for a reason... :( )

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

The real estate over here is quite insane. Its difficult for a young guy like myself to start building some equity with the 2 bedroom condominiums around me going for $550,000++++. (The extra pluses are there for a reason... :( )

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to bite the bullet and buy or suffer rental forever. Unless you win the Lotto or inherit.

While it might be rough in the 1st few years of ownership it levels out. Rent goes only one way and that is up. Fixed mortgage payments stay the same. You can also take a interest only loan and bank on appreciation of the home, but if the economy goes bad it will suck big time.

If you can rent, you can usually afford to buy. More than likely a lagre portion of the amount you spend on loan payements can be deducted from your income tax to defray the difference between rent and loan payments.

I use every legal form of deduction I can and can drive down the income tax level to 10%, maybe even less.

Toua,

You are aware that you live in a city that has one of the larger Lotus clubs in the midwest.

Also Fox Valley is a fairly good Lotus dealer. Not sure they will allow you to test drive as ou are out of the usual demographics of the typical buyer.

yes actually i did go to foxvalleymotors.. you knw what happen.

OK, i walk into foxvalleymotors in my usual dress up gear. They just look at me and then right back to work bc (of course) I am not buying. No hello or anything. So I go look at the Elise then ask about the Esprit.. used my Esprit knowledge..and he was like impress.. got to sit in one...very nice leather seats! Gauges look awesome with the titanium look. Very low sleek sharp edges.. very sexy indeed! my passion for this car has gone up.. nonetheless, I havent seen a G car yet.

I live in Manitowoc, WI about 45 mins away from Green Bay. I dont see any Lotus here at all!

all in all...hoping to see a lotus esprit at the annual classic car show in Elk Heart Lake(home of Road AMerica)..about 25mins away from my place

OK, i walk into foxvalleymotors in my usual dress up gear.  They just look at me and then right back to work bc (of course) I am not buying.  No hello or anything.  So I go look at the Elise then ask about the Esprit.. used my Esprit knowledge..and he was like impress.. got to sit in one...very nice leather seats!  Gauges look awesome with the titanium look.  Very low sleek sharp edges.. very sexy indeed!  my passion for this car has gone up.. nonetheless, I havent seen a G car yet. 

I live in Manitowoc, WI about 45 mins away from Green Bay.  I dont see any Lotus here at all! 

all in all...hoping to see a lotus esprit at the annual classic car show in Elk Heart Lake(home of Road AMerica)..about 25mins away from my place

My post.........please talk about the new Civic Type R or else....

I know I'm a Honda man but it gives me serious wood as I'm getting one later in the year.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Are you going to ge the Type RR. What you said so far about double horsepower (190 * 2 = 380hp?). One quick question. On the recent civics they gave up the double wishbone and went back to MacPherson's, did they go back to the double wishbone.

Is there going to be a new RSX (Integra) hopefully with double horsepower like Type RR..(Head is going to explode! HOnda FAN!!!!)

Is the engine the KA series or do they have a different one? I wouldnt mind the return of the B series at all!

Hopefully, I hope the RR goes all the way to 9,000 or even 10,000 redline!

Edited by Toua

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I know what happens.

Unless you fit the demographics they will not allow you to drive a car.

They let me drive but since I was a known owner of previous models there existed a possibility of a V8 sale. Being out of state and making an appointment for a drive also helps.

Wisconsin? Our club go for drives in Wisconsin, but they are on the otherside from where you live.

We do however go to track days at Road America and at Blackhawk.

To bad you missed the LOG at lake Geneva, Wis. a few years ago. It was the first one held in the upper midwest.

http://lotuscorps.home.mchsi.com/lgrooftop5.jpg

My old car is the red one between 2 silver Esprit's on the right in the first row.

other pictures

http://lotuscorps.home.mchsi.com/logpics.htm

KIMBERS, No.1 questions from the states.  Is the Type R hatch coming to the States?

Small problem with front bumpers (isn't there always over there!!) but assume so once it's sorted.......p.s. thats one of the reasons you aren't getting the Europa....that and emissions...not that you should be worried.....I hate it.

Lotus with Sat Nav........who woulda thought it had come to this.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Are you going to ge the Type RR.  What you said so far about double horsepower (190 * 2 = 380hp?).  One quick question.  On the recent civics they gave up the double wishbone and went back to MacPherson's, did they go back to the double wishbone.

Is there going to be a new RSX (Integra) hopefully with double horsepower like Type RR..(Head is going to explode!  HOnda FAN!!!!)

Is the engine the KA series or do they have a different one?  I wouldnt mind the return of the B series at all!

Hopefully, I hope the RR goes all the way to 9,000 or even 10,000 redline!

I think the RR is being developed primarily for proddy car racing, but will be available on a road version, but very limited. As to the HP am unsure as yet...we don't have any info...just that it's "Change your pants" fast.

Lotus with Sat Nav........who woulda thought it had come to this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, I thought that the whole point of a Lotus was to get lost in the driving. Who wants to get there faster when youre behind the wheel of a Lotus. Sounds like its cutting the fun short!

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif