free hit
counters
First ride in Germany on Pirelli - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
anubis1

First ride in Germany on Pirelli

After 4 month rolling on Winter Yoko's, I was able to drive the first time with the recommended Pirelli Zero Summertires on the German Highway.

Topspeed reached around 250 km/h and a total different feeling comparing with the Yoko's.

The car is extremly direct on the street and shows enourmos reserves. The fantastic breaks can show what they are able to do. So this is the setting, where the Evora can win over. On the other hand: the Pirellis are loud and follow every groove on the runway. So it is a bit nervous rumbling throu citystreets and a "wakeup" on the highway. But on the highspeed side: perfect. As soon as this never ending ice melts away, I will have a ride throu the mountains expecting "the goal" by using traction of the Evora in the curves.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ritchie, interesting report and I have to say I do sometimes regret not ordering the Evora. Was yours supplied by Kumschick? - if so I might have seen it one day when I was in.

I have yet to take the Elise on the autobahn, though the Singen-Stuttgart stretch is within 30 mins of my house. I've promissed my son a trip to the M-B museum (we've done the Porsche one) so maybe then, but in truth autobahns don't really interest me - I'd much prefer a good set of twisties.

You've changed from winters early - I think we were planning to mid April, though we're still trying to get as much skiing in as possible. The Elise doesn't get winter tyres so I can't wait for summer.

Hi there, yes: I bought my Evora at Kumschick. The Autobahn is also not my target, I am totally "mountaindriven", but due to the fact, that I run 30.000 KM a year I will have full time to make experiences. Surprising me is, that the existing power is fully sufficient combined with the gearboxsetting. I first thought, having the base on a 300 HP Saab, that lesser power would be boaring. But: surprise! For "reasonable ...plus driving" its perfect. Also combined with an average consumtion of 9 liters (Germany was 11....!) ordinary 95 fuel, I think this is perfect.

Changing tires was "Alpinedriven", because I had severe problems with this horrible thing, which has a real bad radio input and the navigationssystem was a total mess. Therefore I had to go again to Kumschick having fixed it and by the way I changed the tires within. But we are optimistic, that this neverending winter should be over now. Ritch.

Yes then. When they did my first service I had the pleasure of looking at your car for the entire time. Stunning!

And just as the spring at last come I'm out of action after being picked off the Zermatt slopes by an efficient REGA helicopter :-(. I should be better well in time for the passes opening. My usual approach is to get to the bottom of the first pass at sunrise. Maybe I'll get to see you up there this summer.

Andrew

sorry about Rega-Chopper-Ride. Just came back from Vietnam (33 degrees!)... let's fit a meeting, it's just 30 Minutes away, when you are restored. Ri