free hit
counters
Lotus Angels.................... - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mkelite

Lotus Angels....................

Guest mkelite

Gary, Chris and Andy.....................

well what can i say guys. when u came around i expected you to share my enthusiasm for the Lotus marque.................not come around n fix my car!

these Lotus Angels came around n had pre discussed the prob with my crankshaft pulley not running true after the cam belt saga. turns out to be a fractured crankshaft drive sprocket which would have taken me ages to think about n find on my own.

Guys, i am extremely grateful that you thought about the problem and made the effort to come and sort it out for me. thats never happened for me before in 30 years of driving n fixing cars.

when the replacement sprocket arrives n i can put it all back together again, i hope she runs ok and look forward to seeing u guys again.

many thanks again. i really appreciate all of your help.

Ta. best regards. DC.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hiya DC, got home ok and think I know what the problem is as I had 50ish miles to do some experimentation with my right foot (who says Mengele is dead?)... it's fuel delivery that is the likely cause.... I'll keep you posted on progress.

It was a pleasure to meet you and lend a bit of as hand.

I'll be posting some pictures of the offending pulley on your original thread just as soon as I can get them up to photobucket.

Hope to see you soon,

CJ

More than happy to help mate, and great to meet you. Just sorry we couldn't fix it there and then.

Looking forward to seeing you on a hoon soon! :D

Guest mkelite

Hiya DC, got home ok and think I know what the problem is as I had 50ish miles to do some experimentation with my right foot (who says Mengele is dead?)... it's fuel delivery that is the likely cause.... I'll keep you posted on progress.

It was a pleasure to meet you and lend a bit of as hand.

I'll be posting some pictures of the offending pulley on your original thread just as soon as I can get them up to photobucket.

Hope to see you soon,

CJ

hi Chris. the Marcos is a beauty. never sell her! more curves than any woman ive known! thanks again and best regards. DC.

More than happy to help mate, and great to meet you. Just sorry we couldn't fix it there and then.

Looking forward to seeing you on a hoon soon! biggrin.gif

hi Gary thanks again. ur a great guy trying to help. thanks again for all of your help. hope we meet at a Lotus thingy soon. best regards. DC.

They only came along as they heard you had hot cross buns! :thumbup:

Nicely done guys, good work helping out a forum member, very gracious of you :)

Guest mkelite

i had hot cross something but it wasnt buns! regards DC.

Great to meet you.

Glad you've got the bit, sorry that between Sparky & myself we convinced ourselves it was the Elite, hence the need for a sprocket to be delivered rather than me having one with me. I cannot comment on the noise, but if you make sure the bolt for the pulley is tight (may have settled a bit) then I'm sure all will be well.

Did you clean the surface of the tensioner? (if not, I'd suggest some very fine wire wool and lubricant (WD40/ white spirit etc) to remove the old belt residue, that may cause some odd tensioning characteristics. The engines do not run absolutely silently and after having had a belt fail and sprocket reach the point of breaking up but not doing so, you're fine to be cautious.

Andy

Guest mkelite

hi Andy. it was great to meet you too and thankyou very much indeed for trying to resolve my prob. i really didnt expect that at all. yes i did clean the tensioner before replacing and checked the crankshft pully etc tightness. im just very cautious about the noise as she was very quiet before this saga and ive always got pulley belts etc on all my cars to be as silent as u can go................ going to put the other belts on tomorrow n see what else i can find. thanks again Andy u n the guys were very supportive and i really appreciate that. cant wait to see your Europa tho! best regards. DC.