free hit
counters
So whats on this year? - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Splodge s4

So whats on this year?

So what events are happening this year? We have Malvern on the 17/18 April, theres a pistonhead Cheddar meet on the same weekend, anyone have any classic car meets lined up?

On the 2nd Sunday of every month theres the Avenue drivers club classic car meet in Queen sq, Bristol, thats always worth popping along to. Shall we start a list? This year could be fairly short for me as we have a baby due in June...its going to really get in the way of things :):thumbup:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Many congratulations on the sprogification Garry! Welcome to my world :)

Thanks Mark! Hope you & the tribe are well, hope to catch up with you at a meet this year mate :thumbup:

Hi Gary. Seems a long time since we last spoke.

Rick Edwards and myself are working out 1 or 2 events for the forthcoming couple of months but dates are appearing a bit hard to tie down with the venue.

'Moors Madness' is next up and being organised so watch this space.

Congrats to both you and Mary. Hope to catch up soon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Congrats Garry (and Mary!) - shame too tho, its always sad to see the ending of a lifestyle :thumbup:

Good plan to share outing dates early cos I always get allocated elsewhere if its not in the diary! Would be good to do a few meets again....there's the usual definites:

Lotus Festival Malvern April 18 or 19

Castle Combe May 24th

I did four Pistonheads outings (though not the runs) last year at the behest of Graham Ilott - all good fun, but I'll favour any in different places this year I think, rather than more of the same.

Also did the Yeovil Classic run - tame but a nicely organised gentle drive through the countryside ending at the Haynes Museum - been invited again (different route) on 6th June.

Thornfalcon was good - when's that this year?

I guess we'll all be at SWLC open day?

....and the Exeter Kit Car show whenever?

I've not yet made it to the Powderham Castle do, so would be interested to see what goes on there.

I'm definitely going to do one or two hillclimb events (spectating) this year. The guy I use for my groundcare machines is really into them - he rides the hills on a bike - and he's enthused me to go and see for myself. I enjoyed a half day at Wiscombe Park last year and hope to do one of the national days there (July 25/26) and maybe another one somewhere whichever Pete says will be the most exciting!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

next saturday the 27th is a sprint at castle combe run over 2 laps of the track.some interesting cars their, my mate kev is entered in his noble and james is in his exige 2 realy good drivers.

Well we have had our big event of the year, last Wednesday Mary gave birth to a perfect 7.5lb little boy. We have called him Jack, Stephen (after my gramp) Stephen (after Marys dad who passed away some time ago). Mary & Jack are doing fine & although he is now 5 days old he hasn't even seen the Esprit awaiting him in the garage... saving that for the weekend!

Hope to see you all soon chaps but really not sure how we are going to all fit in the car. :dizzy:

Congrats Gary! Does that mean Mary's been replaced/lost her passenger seat ride now?

(some people do go to 'extreme' weight saving measures you know) :dizzy:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sign in to follow this