free hit
counters
Loose switch panel - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hedgerley

Loose switch panel

I had a new ICE head unit installed last weekend. Tonight was the first time I prodded the headlamp switch and all the switches moved in unison a few mm within their housing. Does anyone have any diagrammes/photos/instructions of the dash with the top removed, that matt plastic vent housing thingy? I know there are two vertical screws that secure it through the 'overhang' but I don't want to go prodding around without knowing what is behind the switch panel and how it all hangs together.

Its the later facelift interior by the way. Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The two vertical screws hold the switch panel as well as retain the top cover. Make sure that the screws are tight, as the screws attach directly into the switch panel to hold everything in place.

two layers of angled metal brakets, and the lip of the laminated cover goes over it. Undo the srews on the cover, slide it towards you horizontally, lift it up as soon as the rataining lip on the windscreen side is free, undo the wire connector for the 'arming-LED'

-what you see is the switch holder and vent-ducting outlet in the dash... .

sidenote: if you have problems with broken flaps/mechanics on the cover (the black plastic vents, fitted in this laminated dash-cover) go for the scrapyard/used-parts dealer ->Rover 25/200 from the 90th on

Edited by Günter