free hit
counters
Eclat Which Model Stereo? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
matk

Eclat Which Model Stereo?

Hi. The Panasonic Radio Cassette in my Eclat Riviera is broke. I'm going to fit a modern stereo with a new trim panel, so as not to butcher the original trim, and then can return to stock look if required, but can anybody help with a model number for the original stereo as I'll need that for the original fascia.

I'm aware Lotus will prob have used several models and makes e.g. Clarion, so any info will be useful. I'm not particularly fussed about a Panasonic, I just want to get one that would have been in keeping with the car ex factory.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This is the clearest one I can find. Unfortunately I'm not with the car at present seeing as I'm in France and its at Lakeside Engineering after an aborted attempt to drive South!!something actual period me thinks to fit.

Don't think the Becxker will do. The trim aperture is a smaller than modern standard size and the rotary controls protrude though it. I'm going to need

IMG_9837.jpg

It was a phillips I think....

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...320126001r32402

Philips 22RN712 AM/FM

these model numbers also listed for eclat:

"the 521 (which also has the five-speed gearbox and Philips 314 radio), the 522 (big wheels, five-speeds, air-con and Philips 462 stereo/cassette radio, and the 523,...."

Edited by Dunc

Now that looks more like it, but it'd also non working so I wouldn't be any further forward. Nice link though, gives me far more idea on what to look out for.

well, that one works on FM.....and it is usually motor drive issues on old casette players, which is an irrelevance if you are using a casette adaptor for your mp3/ipod/phone/minidisc.

Do you listen to MW/AM and casettes? Might not be too bad a buy at a fiver if you don't?

Mat, if you don't want to mess on swapping the dash panel there are retro MP3 stereos from the states in the old DIN-A format;

Retrosound

They look great and would be a far better solution that swapping the centre console fixtures around (mine has the radio at the top to allow a standard headunit).

It might still be a pain to control the stereo behind the gearstick however, which is a bit of an ergonomic flaw on our cars.

I use an fm sender from my ipod then you can use an old radio but listen to anything you want. I just dont see the point of anything else?

Buddsy