free hit
counters
Malvern - Lotus Festival - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mayevora

Malvern - Lotus Festival

For any Lotus owners intending going up on 19th April.

Plan is to leave early (time to be sorted nearer) from the South West and have various meeting points on route. Add name to list and nearest Services.

Start - Exeter Services

1 - Rick Edwards

2 - Ian May

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi we are travelling from Newbury on M4 to M5 then on to Malvern. Let us know if you are going that way and estimated times and we will aim to join you. smile.gif

What car you in Ian?? Travelling with Rick?

I'm asking cos I'm not sure of my arrangements yet. There's a chance that the M100 will be on the LEC stand. If its selected then I'll have to trailer it up there on the Friday. That means my Sunday visit day will also be in the Rangie....unless there was a spare driver at the show who was willing to drive back either the Esprit or the Elan - which would allow me to drive the Esprit up. Obviously it would add best part of an hour to your/Ricks return journey to detour out to me off the M5.....but I thought I'd ask.

Waddya think?

There's probably an option b involving a lift up to the show if there's a spare seat and I can get to a services, but that doesn't sound quite as much fun...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

For any Lotus owners intending going up on 19th April.

19th is the Monday, have I got it right? :rofl: I was looking to pop up on the saturday I think then the pistonheads Cheddar meet on the 18th (Sunday). This could of course all change nearer the time :animier:

Hi we are travelling from Newbury on M4 to M5. Let us know if you are going that way.smile.gif

Will definately be going your way Sue.

Travelling with Rick?

Rangie....unless there was a spare driver at the show who was willing to drive back either the Esprit or the Elan - Obviously it would add best part of an hour to your/Ricks return journey to detour out to me off the M5.....but I thought I'd ask.

Waddya think?

Definatey a possibility Mike. The only potential snag is if your Elan is on the stand, it will need to be there untill the very close of show and I know Rick needs to be back in Torquay by 6pm.

19th is the Monday, have I got it right?

Well done Gary - no prize, but you are the winner of this months 'spot the deliberate mistake' compertition. :rofl: yes, it should read 18th

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This is excellent...its almost like having a PA !!

All my travel plans sorted without having to lift a finger. Sweeeeeeeeeeet thumbsup.gif

Only thing you forgot Ian, is to schedule the enormous breakfast en route

Twitter @radioRedwards

This is excellent...its almost like having a PA !!

Just remember, I don't do dictation whilst sitting on your knee. :D

Anyway I dont think the short skirt would suit you.

But we have all seen Ian in his hot pants.... well shorts! & hes got a lovely pair of legs :D

Edited by Splodge s4

Hi guys,

No rush but any news on where and when we can meet you on the way to Malvern?

We are taking our 10 year old nephew as a suprise and his Dad wants to know what time to get him ready.

Cheers

Sue

I would tell you but the service from my PA is appalling recently, may have to look at getting a new one. As soon as he tells me where I need to be I will let you know wink.gif

Twitter @radioRedwards

....and given my little difficulty - does anyone have an available spare seat passing M5 Junction 25 at any point? Still trying to think of a way of avoiding needing to trailer the M100 back on Sunday evening...

Any other ideas gratefully considered.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

OK. At the last count there is only 1 car traveling from Exeter. We will aim to leave Exeter services at about 7.30 so are there any requests for convoy additions on the way...or are we in for a lonely drive?

Actually is anyone actually going to the show on Sunday? there seems to be loads of posts with people saying that they are not up for it, will it be me and some tumble weeds?

Twitter @radioRedwards

I've been thinking about this & definatly decided on Saturday for me, theres a huge pistonhead meet on Sunday in Cheddar & although I dont like the way alot of them drive on public roads i'm popping down to that on Sunday. Thats another reason I've not offered my car to be on the stand for the whole weekend.

Weather is also supposed to be better for Saturday, though as it only Wednesday I really dont believe a word they say...

Arghh I thought the reason it was agreed on a Suday trip was because it was an "unofficial esprit day" and there would be a big turnout! Oh well I will have to talk to my Sat nav.

As for the met office...I work next door to them and they could not effectively forecast their way out of a paper bag.

Twitter @radioRedwards

SWEG Convoy to Malvern - 18th April 2010

7.00am. - Rick Edwards (Rick Edwards - S4s) picking up Ian May (mayesprit)

7.15am. - Meet Tony (Loteuk - S300 but bringing truck) Exeter Services

7.30am. - Meet Mark Perry and Von (Mark P - S3) North Devon Link Road Services

8.00am. - Meet Mike (Mpx - S3T and Elan - joining Tony in the Truck) Junction 25 of M5

8.30am. - Meet Paul (Espritmania - S1) Gordano Services at Portishead

9.00am. - Meet Sue (Boots - S3T) Michaelwood Services M5

9.30am - 10.00am Arrive Malvern

Look forward to seeing you all bright and early (compulsary shorts goes without saying :w00t: )

Ian

Edited by mayesprit

Sign in to follow this