free hit
counters
Rarity - An S2 elite hand/service book - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dunc

Rarity - An S2 elite hand/service book

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Shouldn't be rare if the previous owner gave 2 hoots, but as most recent Elite/Eclat owners collect their new aquisitions from under a hedge it might be.

Or is it rare in the sense it's new/unmarked? In which case it's a bit of a temptation for someone unscrupulous to invent a history for their classic car whistle.gif

Guest mkelite

i want one of those for our '81 Elite S2.2. everyone ive seen is knackered tho.............so dont know what is meant by 'new' ? regards. DC.

The factory had a stock of old manuals for various defunct models. I remember in the first parts sale at Bristol there were some available. I actually bought one for an S2 Esprit, but ended up being given one for a carb turbo Stevens car by mistake.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility there may be some brand new ones still in stock at Hethel. It's one of those items that everyone assumes is out of stock so never tries.

I bought it and just recieved it, i am well chuffed definitely original. ;)

There is definitely more than one then as I have also got one - brand new by the looks of it. Very pleased with it.

Guy

There is definitely more than one then as I have also got one - brand new by the looks of it. Very pleased with it.

Guy, have been genuinely baffled as to why you wanted one of these, then just realised....I came across the one for your car in the magazine rack, sorry ;)

I'll bring it down to Castle Combe in May if you are going?

Mark

that would be great if you could. Certainly intend to go to Castle Combe and will be at Malvern too all being well.

Hope all is well with you and yours

Guy