free hit
counters
Removing front shocks - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peteyg

Removing front shocks

Right. Shocks being sent of for checkover as they're under warranty.

Is it possible to remove the shocks WITHOUT having to undo the wishbones and remove the springs & ARB? Having done it enough times to be bored with all the messing about and re-setting the ride height I just wondered if it's possible. Trying to avoid as much down time as I can.

Pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You should be able to remove the shocks and springs withought undoing anything else as far as I can recall....

Spring clamps for the srings obviously, then undo the lower shock bolt through the lower arm and then the upper securing nuts and you should be able to wangle it out of there. Removing the upper ball joing may provide additional clearance if required.

Got to be worth a try! Just be very careful with those spring compressors!its sometims helpful to use a couple of large cable ties to hold them in place incase they get knocked off!

But Pete is going to have to get the springs to clear the captive carriers (top and bottom spring seats) on the front, so you may find it's easier to do that by removing the ARB and allowing the bottom to travel further than having to clamp the springs up really tight.