free hit
counters
Yellow Elite (1979) for sale on Ebay - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gghc87

Yellow Elite (1979) for sale on Ebay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was just looking at this one. It says its been in a prvate collection since 1995? Not sure what kind of collection they are talking about? Maybe as a dog kenal cause it looks fairly rough inside to me?

Buddsy

Better than that.

Have you seen this red Elite?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1976-LOTUS-ELITE-RED_W0QQitemZ200452985099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2eabedd10b

Strangely my eyes are playing tricks on me, I must be confusing red with yellow and seeing a rear roof line that goes to a boot just as an Eclat would. It could be a prototype Eclat marked a Elite on a V5, but I doubt it, especially if it is a 1976, so a couple of years after the Eclat was launched.

Guest mkelite

all i can say is ....................'SAVE THAT ELITE!'.

regards. DC.

yellow: i guess this cars does really need some work:

mould-infested interior, wrong steering wheel, cerb damaged and oversprayed alloys do need a complete refurb, new tyres needed too. wrong mirrors. car was already resprayed, color partially flaking on the rear, bumpers sprayed in color of car (normaly black), cambelt cover and deflector missing, missing trim in footwell....so i guess a lot of work is waiting..plus eventually a new chassis and derusting all the suspension parts as it looks as the car was stored in a humid garage.

Guest mkelite

to be expected really, especially on a S1...............but other than that fine really! regards. DC.

p.s 'SAVE THAT ELITE!'.

hi

i hope thar all you guys who insist on calling the subframe the chassis are a bit more careful about your choice of words if you ever have to tell the dvla that you have changed it . the use of the word chassis could could cause you a lot of grief.

???

but it's not a subframe. It's a chassis....

A subframe is load bearing cradle attached to a monocoque.

and the DVLA award 5 identity points for a new chassis. It's only if the chassis is secondhand or modified that it can cause problems and lead to an IVA requirement and a q plate.

If it is a new chassis as per original fitment, it is treated as a replacement part from the manufacturer and there are no issues with vehicle identity or the need for an IVA cert.

Although I agree that people should be careful if using a secondhand chassis. But it is usually a case of once it is changed, who is to say otherwise.

Edited by Dunc