free hit
counters
5th gear,,can,t get it - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
s1guy

5th gear,,can,t get it

replaced all the bushings,,all gears are fine,, minus 5th,,,,5th is still rough finding,,always have to hunt for it,,,any suggestion,s ???

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Check again the gear linkage, can you engage the reverse gear easily?

Could be the selector shaft/fork, it needs to be setted precisely.

Giorgio

Hi there,

I don't know if yours is same as my HC turbo but I was experiencing similar problems. Previously, 5th meant I had to slot it in very close to 3rd. If I tried to move over to right of gear gate then I couldn't push forward to get 5th.

It was combination of rollpin worn on gear selector and shaft could rotate enough that I didn't need to lift to get reverse! Knocked a new rollpin in and this solved some of my problem of sloppy gear selector. The other problem was the adjuster rod had clogged up and had run out of adjustment, so they took this out and cleaned the thread up with a tap or thread cleaner. Adjusted the rod and it all works great now!

Regards,

David Walters

thanx guy,s,,i can put it in reverse easily,and fifth is really close to 3rd gear,will check the crossgage cable first

Ken,

Check the adjuster rod as mine the threads were blocked and my mechanic couldn't adjust it properly. He only worked out in the end after taking the rod off the car and cleaning the threads up. Mine works a treat now!

David Walters