free hit
counters
Convoy To Malvern East and London - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimbers

Convoy To Malvern East and London

Ok Guys, who's up for a meet on the way? Martyn normal place? What time?

I can meet anyone at Stanstead (Closer if you are in East Anglia).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If Bibs doesn't want my S4S on his shiny stand can I join your convoy please? I live between St Neots and Huntingdon on the A1 so the services at Brampton Hut where the A1 and A14 join is a good place for me unless you want to call in at my home for a "comfort break"? You would be very welcome.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Ok Guys, who's up for a meet on the way? Martyn normal place? What time?

Yep, will probably be up for it :fun:. Will have to work out a time, not really thought about it yet. Gonna need an MOT just before then too, hope there's no problems. Unfortunately atm my car is trapped on the drive by several large holes dug by the Gas Board :).

Martyn :secret:

Edited by martynv

is that for friday or saturday????

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

:P

sorry only just spotted the sub text.....

:)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Hi Kimbers, I have posted on another thread re getting to Malvern, I really want to go but am not convinced that the car would do the distance under its own steam. I could nt afford to hire a lowloader etc. to carry it down there. So two things I would ask, if you are travelling in convoy, which I would like to do, what do we do if someone, like me, breaksdown and two, does any one have any ideas of alternative ways of getting the car there|?

Any ideas or help would be really appriciated

Yes Woody. I'll be leaving Norwich some time on Saturday morning and possibly meeting up with martyn from London.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Are you chaps going for the day or over night ?

Hi Dave,

I'm going to stay overnight as is Kimbers. Bit of a long drive for the day 155 miles from me anyway. Going by our last Saturday venture up the M1 I'd really like to leave no latter than 9.00am from South Mimms, but I'm sure this is going to be too early for Kimbers. What do others think about a leaving time from London ?

Martyn :)

That means leaving here at 6-6.30 which means I will be knackered the next night (and we all know going to bed isn't an option!) Hows about 11.00? I must admit that I am suprised to be going up the M1?? Is your plan M! M45, A45, A46?

The AA route planner and my SatNav are saying:

M1

M6

M42

M5

A44

A4440

A449

B4209

I recalculated going up the M40 and that's about 5 miles further. Either way it's going to take a while that's why I didn't want to leave later. See what others think, but I'm sure anyone going up for the day isn't going to want to leave London at 11.00am.

Just noticed the show closes at 4.00pm both days.

Edited by martynv

You must have it set on major roads matey. Why go all the way up to the M6 and across to the M42 when you can cut through under Coventry on the M45 and A45? Bonkers! :)

• Like 1

Hi chaps, if I decide to go then I will leave M25 / M11 area around 8.00am and then leaving about 4.30 to get back at a sensible time. Who else is this mad.

Dave

Dave,

Likewise, if I decide to go then I would want to leave reasonably early (earlier the better actually) and get back for early evening.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Simon. I did mate but I am staying over night and Dave is worried about the reliability of his Elite to make that distance. Not sure I can help with that one!

Martyn

Whats the plan then? If you want to leave there at 9 then I can meet you on the way. Say first services on the M6? That way I can cut through the A14 rather than drive down to London, only to come back up again!

• Like 1

Dave has an Elite? Kept that quiet Davey boy ! Tell us more.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Different Dave Mr P. :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Trevor, yes decided to go, it will add the last miles to the car before an oil change and a re chip. So where and when should we meet..............will anyone else be joining us. do not forget I cannot race mine until the engine has done its 1000 miles, and Trevor, Megan wants to keep the camera, but a good friend of mine has one for sale, he will get me the details.

Back to topic, looking forward to the run, any one wanting to join us.......?

Dave

Whats the plan then? If you want to leave there at 9 then I can meet you on the way. Say first services on the M6? That way I can cut through the A14 rather than drive down to London, only to come back up again!

The M1 route is just what came up as the fastest route ! Anyway I've looked at a real map now and I'm fairly sure I'm going to try M25, M40, A40, M5, M50, this is shorter but no quicker though. So I guess I'll see you at Malvern, hopefully next time it'll be back at Donington and we can have a decent drive up again.

Edited by martynv

Strangely enough I'm meant to be meeting cliff on the same route Martyn! Just gonna check routes but me and cliff aren't looking till afternoon tbh.

Dave/Trev, I just might be able to do a day run after all tomorrow morning.... I can let you know later on this even for sure, if I can make it or not...

Cheers

Felix