free hit
counters
Lotus F1 Team a Scam! - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus F1 Team a Scam!

73JPS

Having watched the FOX coverage of the Australian GP qualifying for over an hour (I do confess that I am in South America at the moment, and the feed is in Spanish, so I don't understand a word) I have seen absolutely NOTHING that remotely resembles a Lotus F1 car. veryangry.gif

I therefore conclude that the team only exists only the imaginations of the members of this forum.

Seriously, though: if F1 wants to promote new blood, shouldn't there be even the smallest of coverage of the new teams?? Or am I out to lunch on this? I recognize European and/or British coverage might be much different and/or balanced, but I would expect some mention of the new teams from a news feed from this hemisphere. Would ten seconds in the last hour be too much to ask?

Not a single reference in the feed I watched. I honestly hoped to catch a glimpse... sigh. sad.gif

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Patrick,

The coverage at the first gp before the race was ok in the UK, they showed the new teams and chated a bit to the reps,drivers etc, but when the race comes its always going to be the front runners that will get the most coverage im affraid, same in all motor racing im affraid!

At the moment Bibs is posting a lot of stuff, aswell as the team, just remember its better to have a lotus team out there than nothing! Hopefully fingers crossed with a few races under there belt they will start to get a bit more coverage.

In the mean time just bare with it,

Regards danny

A

Patrick,

My comment in the Melbourne GP thread.

Click Here

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

After getting up 5am, I was well impressed with the amount of time afforded to both Lotus and Virgin live on the BBC

You must have been fed differant pictures.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I think it was a good move to allow Brundle access to the garage for his rear diffuser piece, this sort of thing will mean in the future if BBC want some help with a feature Lotus will most likely be approached first.

Also liked the fact they interviewed both Lotus drivers after qualifying, dont think Jarno liked being out qualified, que "it wasn't me it was the car"

Same here on TF1 in France, they get ok coverage, they are recognized as a new team with a lot of brand history behind it! They get more airtime coverage than Renault and Sauber

They don't get much slack cut since they are Lotus people expect much and good from them. They'll get more airtime starting Barcelona if the new package delivers and allows them to mix with the mid pack! Heikki was able to get in the high 1'28", Jarno pulled a low 1'29" while is seat was collapsing!They are already much faster than Virgin and HRT. They are still slow but not ridiculously so and having two veteran drivers nobody will even try to pick up a fight with them! They are building it up nicely I'd say ! Can't wait to see if the Petrobras sponsorship materialize.

I suppose I was thinking that it is all well and good for us as fans to search for the coverage: but we are already well aware of Lotus, and hence Lotus supporters. I understand the prime coverage is going to be of the front runners, but honestly, I saw absolutely zero coverage of the Lotus team.

I am not sure what sort of exposure benefit is expected by a team from TV coverage (I remember reading once that a company exists whose sole purpose is to review television video coverage and count the number of times a sponsors name appears on a broadcast, and therefore measure the effectiveness of the sponsorship) but I would think that at least part of the idea of Lotus fileding a team is to 'get noticed by persons previously unaware of the name', particularly here in North America. Michael saw 20 seconds of coverage, and at least that is something, but I saw none.

I just felt that if the coverage allows zero exposure here in the Americas, then some of the point is lost. Anyway, I was just disappointed that as a Lotus fan I coudn't catch a glimpse of one of the cars in action.

It truly was as if the team did not exist.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

I think the actual race TV feed is all the same world-wide (one F1 feed for everyone), and each regional TV show then adds their own narration and local reporters coverage. I agree for a lot of the race you wouldn't know Lotus F1 even existed.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Adrian said Brundle did a piece in the pits - never saw that. I saw 20 seconds of the cars, but Ian May (Capt' Slows' brother perchance?) saw a lot. What was weird was the channel ten commentary team said we will now hand over to the BBC during qualifying for commentary so that would be the same feed. Maybe you guys get different footage while we get the V8 supercars shown to us by the local channel and you still get the BBC feed.

Anyway, the easy way for Lotus to get more airtime can be accomplished as follows:

Move through the field after the start and get to the front. :P

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Michael are you in the States?

The feed I watched had a "Fox Sports" icon in the top corner, and under it the word "vivo". I assume it was a Fox feed which was modified for local coverage. I really don't know as everything is in Spanish and I can't speak a word of that.

I suppose the show could have been locally produced from many Fox images coming in, and on that basis the choice to show anything at the back of the field would be a local one. My intial assumption was that the local station (when I say 'local' I figure it is probably Venezuela wide) probably just dubbed over a fully produced Fox Sports feed, which would mean the images would have been the same here as in the States. But maybe they do more production here?

Either way my point was that it would be nice if the F1 body put a little more pressure on their TV coverage folks to show more of the new teams.

No Patrick. I'm about 4000kms away from Melbourne just south of Perth in Western Australia.

Hi, Michael. If I've done my time zone conversions correctly, the race begins in less than 1 & 1/2 hours! Know of any coverage that is available online? The downstairs telly has been commandeered by teenage aliens, and I'm not even sure if any US channels carry the feed.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hi John,

I have not been able to find any online feed. Someone else on here may know. Not sure when the F1 race starts itself as we are getting all sorts of different coverage of all sorts of stuff. They just had the drivers parade.

The "official" Formula 1 site has a "live timing" feature (you have to register [free] for it), but I'm not so sure I just want to stare at numbers, though it would be better than nothing at all. There is some mention about "video," but I don't know if that refers to actual race footage.

The video feature on there is in-car footage from past races. Not live.

Hi, Michael. If I've done my time zone conversions correctly, the race begins in less than 1 & 1/2 hours! Know of any coverage that is available online? The downstairs telly has been commandeered by teenage aliens, and I'm not even sure if any US channels carry the feed.

SPEED TV normally covers the races (and practice) with a live transmission and a repeat later in the week. I really like their commentating team and prefer it over the BBC commentary I have seen.

Some races are on Fox and will give you the race and not much else.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Speed put on a good show, but I do miss Peter Windsor's commentary, and find their new pit lane reporter useless.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Any port in a [colonial] storm, eh Paul?biggrin.gif

And thanks for the heads up, Trevor. As it happens I was able to wrest control of the telly away (significantly easier to do at two in the morning) from the gaming rabble making use of the monitor for less elegant pastimes, and was able to catch (on Speed) the last two thirds of the race.thumbsup.gif

HEY Patrick

maybe you should learn to speak Spanish -!

Lotus is Lotus ........

it would be like you saying Jaguar is actually a Tata

or

Volvo is a Geely

there is and always will be the Heritage ,tradition and excitement so let it be.

richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Speed put on a good show, but I do miss Peter Windsor's commentary, and find their new pit lane reporter useless.

Would that reporter be West Gillet?

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

HEY Patrick

maybe you should learn to speak Spanish -!

Lotus is Lotus ........

it would be like you saying Jaguar is actually a Tata

or

Volvo is a Geely

there is and always will be the Heritage ,tradition and excitement so let it be.

richard

Erm...ermm.gif

No, I was just sorta sayin' (with tongue planted VERY firmly in cheek), that with the word "Lotus" never mentioned once, and not a single camera shot of team or car... it was kinda like the new team didn't exist in the eyes of the coverage I saw.

I was kinda, like, just sorta hopin', ya know... to see a piccy of the new car in action, if only for a few seconds?

Silly me...

Edited by 73JPS