free hit
counters
Fitting Turbo Rear Spoiler - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ian4455

Fitting Turbo Rear Spoiler

After purchasing my car with all the Turbo Body Parts fitted except for the rear spoiler, I've decided to complete the look of the car and fit one myself. A Turbo rear end sourced for reference measurements before cutting the body.

post-5137-126970929393_thumb.jpg

I didn't want to keep the seam line where the turbo spoiler bolts on, so joined using alloy plates. Two fixed to either side and four along the top. Fibreglass compound and counter sunk rivets then used to secure these to body and spoiler. Next I fixed fibre glass sheets across the full inside edge between the body and spoiler, once dried then filled the gap with more fibre glass compound.

post-5137-12697093161_thumb.jpg

Here's the finished effect, just got the holes to fill in the bumber for the old number plate lights then off to body shop for spraying next week.

post-5137-126970933187_thumb.jpgpost-5137-126970935149_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bibs
Problem with images

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bet your bum was twitching when you took the cutter to the car.... Thats a decent amount of surgery for sure!

Well done, she should look good when your finished! :P

Looks great. I must admit after playing with GRP + body on my other car it's a lot less poopy pants than you think, GRP is REALLY easy to work with.

Lovely colour combo - before mine goes nutsoid I have a similar red-white to do on mine :thumbup:

Ian,

Looks like a top class job chap, and well worht the effort as the rear spolier really suits the car and matched with the v8 growl is sure to turn quite a few heads :thumbup: One thing though, your tailgate looks very shiny i.e the black vented bit did you paint it or use a sheen spray on it or something.

Now MOT it and get out there and drive the beast! been out in mine today as the weather was good, puts smile on my face every time :cheers:

Regards danny

Hi Danny, Black Vents were already painted a gloss black by a previous owner so left as is. Can't complain though as the bits i had resprayed look spot on and at a good price. Going to fit my new wheels tomorrow and take some more pics.

My brakes have started to feel a lot better since driving but still not great, (need bedding in) so I'll see about an MOT later this week / early next week.

Know what you mean about the V8 sound and again can't believe the acceleration even without put my foot to the floor, big smiles !

Ian,

yes the gloss black does look nice, just wondered what you had done as most of those tailgates always seem dull and fadded,

As for your brakes I would defo spacer out the front wheels and remove the shims from the front callipers as its the fronts that do all the work!

Look forward to the pics of the new wheels, have to say though i love your white wheels they really suit the car, must be a bugger to keep clean though! P.s which pads did you use for the fronts if they are cheapo versions these may not be helping either!

Regards danny

Don't know about keeping the white wheels clean as only drove it after buying the care from Kingslyne and drove back to County Durham, as for brake pads they're the green stuff pads.

Edited by ian4455

looks great decals realy set it off. not sure about the white goodyear on the tyres but hey its personal choice.

The louvre looks so much better then the glass!

Does the turbo spolier just simply bolt onto the S3 back normally then? The seam does look a bit naff on the Turbos!

Thank you for the pictures on how to do this - I have to do this to my car and it least now I know how it is done.

Looks very good -

Now if only I could find the time....