free hit
counters
Misfire - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PLissner

Misfire

Can someone please help me solve my misfire problem. Unfortunately I live in a town that Lotus experts don't frequent. I have a 2002 Esprit V8 that misses all the time under load. It starts at about 3500 rpm, misses a couple times and then powers on.

Thanks Very much!

Peter

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just to get some background information; Mileage, what do you know about the previous work history of this car, Services and that sort of thing can be helpful. Also, did this symptom just appear, or did it coincide with something else, including previous repair when this sort of thing "just happened". Have you done anything to attempt to rectify such as basic maintenance steps, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filters, etc? Are you getting any check engine lights. All things that can be helpful in throwing out ideas would be nice.

Blake

Hi Blake-

Thanks for the reply. Let me do a little homework today so I can accurately answer your questions. I really appreciate your thorough response!

Peter

the impression of 'misfiring under load' could also mean a blockade in the exhaust. It also feels like a stalling and rumbling engine as soon as you step on the loud pedal to fast on rpm above the mentioned 3000-4000rpm range... .

fastest way is undo the o2-sensors to have an *blow-by* way for the exhaust gas. If it revs up more freely you have a line to inspect more deeply... . Mention that the CEL will come on if the o2-sensors are not fitted into the exhaust. So dont run on for long hours this way, just long enough to get some more defined impressions.