free hit
counters
1993 Esprit S4 - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

1993 Esprit S4

I got this car through the forum in 2008, the last owner before me being our own moderator Anthony Kimberley (Kimbers) - son of the Lotus CEO. He'd owned it since 2006 and looked after it impeccably, servicing it at the Lotus factory. It is an early edition S4 from October 1993, registration L816PCL made on the same day, (and two cars behind on the production line) as the top gear S4 - L813 PCL, as driven by Clarkson.During my ownership I've done the following:Leather interior recovered (£2000), and about £800 worth of ICE installed (providing DAB digital radio, MP3/USB/i-Pod playability and the usual CD, AM/FM radio), with a colour touchscreen display and 4 new speakers.Single-exit stainless steel sports exhaust added in 2009, and de-cat with cat bypass pipe (cat retained for MOTs).I've had it serviced at PNM Engineering and Murray Lotus (the Lotus Main Dealers in Edinburgh), and other than a seized back-pressure valve one Christmas, and a wire going to the starter motor falling out on an autumn drive - it's never let me down. I'm also getting all the seals, drops, and frames replaced in both electric windows to eliminate juddering and sticking - and this is costing over £500 and will be complete by mid-March - this is a collaborative effort by Murray Lotus and the Lotus Factory who are making some of the out of stock components from scratch.Other works that I've had done are new fuel breather hoses, new brake pads, the discs skimmed, calipers reconditioned, new power steering hose, chargecooler pump impeller replace, a C-service with cam belts in Easter '09, and some minor aesthetic stuff like getting the electric wing mirrors working again, new tailgate struts and putting new pedal grips on the pedals!Car can be placed in Edinburgh for viewings but will be mainly held in York.

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.