free hit
counters
Venom GT offically unveiled - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JhonnyB

Venom GT offically unveiled

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

10 per year... but this is Hennessey we're talking about so which actual years they are referring to could be anyones guess ;-)

However I see it as an ugly pointless car.

Expensive and extensive CFD? rubbish - they've done virtually nothing with the shape that the GT3 version didn't already do. Even the standard exige bootlid looks untouched

Looks like a mk2 Elise GT1 in my opinion! I don't think it will sell like hot cakes but if they do sell any Lotus will have sold one more chassis!

It looks as if they have taken the GT1 Elise, updated it for the new shape and turned it into a small production run for the road.

I love it but I fear with the HP they are talking about it may be just a touch too extreme in turbo form!

post-879-126988427015_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Think the car looks fantastic, very expensive but i suppose thats what you pay for 1000bhp and individuality! Have a feeling many will not see the light of day and will end up in private collections ;)

Regards danny

But 400k?

1000bhp from the LS7/9 engine is not really difficult. There are at least three Holden Monaros I know of who use a twin turbo LS7/9 based engine and developing those kinds of numbers and I'm convinced they didn't spend six figures to do it. Granted, the transmission might be a bit bespoke but even then not that much.

I think there would be quite a few conversion suppliers who would be tripping over themselves if you said "I want a LSx engine in an exige and I'm prepared to pay 350k for it"

Heh - makes this look like a positive bargin

http://www.pistonheads.com/lotus/default.asp?storyId=19286

So I was having a nice chat on http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/superca ... video.html

and Hennessey sent me a PM....

So I had this in my in box this morning... I hate PMs

hey ronin

i can see that you do not understand our car. but why bash something you dont understand or have never seen in person? are you in socal? if so then i invite you to come and see the car in person and i would be glad to tell you more about it. i am here in our lake forest shop all week. just let me know if you want to come by and take a look.

john hennessey

It's true I don't understand your car, why take a Lotus and try and make it something it's not...It's still a Lotus.

Dude why not bring your Lotus up to LA. and we can go for a little cruise in the canyons since you are in So.Ca. we can do a little side by side comparason like David and Goliath in the real world.

I'm sure that will give you something to use for marketing...and something for me to smile about....Bring a film crew and let's have some fun in the real world.

Do you think that thing can stay on it's own side of the road ?

This could be fun, now who wants to bet it never happens ? :whistle:

looks great...just like an Exige. Wow so people are making pretend Lotus now! Cool

Buddsy

Doh! Old thread just read back sorry!

Ronin take it to them show em what you have lol!

Buddsy

Edited by Buddsy

Oh well I was banned from Teamspeed.com for not kissin the ass of a vendor..

It seems Hennessey didn't like to be called out in public...

No one dare ask for proof from these chumps... I guess there is no real world comparison of a $850,000.00 salvaged Lotus and my rocket pig. It's a shame.

Ronin - I know how you feel. My competitors and other mouthy gits talk the talk but crawl back under their stones when I ask them to put their money down in a head to head.

Edited by ramjet
No need to quote the previous post

This guy still won't come up for a little canyon run... I want to see how a 1,200 hp Exige hooks up in the twisties and sticks to the road with no real world aero...

Still no video of it on the dyno showing the screen for proof of the 1,200 HP....

Edited by ronin

Of corce it's a suped up exige which in turn is a race setup Elise. I have a elise, why does it take a third party to bring out this car. Lotus could bring out 1000bhp car just for the advertising. Why does the elise, exige, apart from the new v6 still have 1.8 ltrs, and now 1.6lts engines?? are they trying to kill there own cars?? The Elise / exige should totally have 2 & 2.2 ltr cars lotus could totaly balance them up to handle but they don't what are they on. There totaly screwing us and themselves by not bringing these cars out. I know everyone is all about emissions, but what the truck lotus on 1.6 ltr???

So John invites you to his shop Ronin and instead you knock the offer back and then invite him to break the law in a canyon run, and you're surprised he doesn't show up?

Yep. Your logic there is bullet proof.

Seriously why would I want to see his modified Lotus sitting in a shop instead of out on the open road, an open road with turns..turned.gif

How is that breaking the law ?

He doesn't need to drive over the posted limit because we all know he would never show his speedo showing a claimed 200 mph on a public road...But Hennessey seems to think breaking the law is ok...whistle.gif

It's susposed to be a supercar, does that mean it can only be driven on an air strip or is it ment to be driven on a nice mountain road..... It is a car after all not a Learjet....harhar.gif

I guess you just like to see a car boasting it's performance in a showroom eh...?

Edited by ronin