free hit
counters
Karting at Buckmore Park - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Karting at Buckmore Park

Who's interested?

http://www.buckmore4groups.co.uk/content.php/11020

Once I've got an idea of numbers I'll book something up. Suggestions on what/when are welcome too ;)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This sounds like something I would be up for Bibs and it's only 25 mins away....

What !? I love karting in the rain - it's hilarous !

More than makes up for me being shite as well !

We all went at Brands one time - absolutly ZERO traction, never had so much fun (oh I lie, skid pan and the Esprit pmsl)

If it's not raining, it's not training/Karting ;)

facebook = [email protected]

certainly interested would suggest trying to get enough people to do one of the marathons for teams of 2 which would then cost approx. 40 to 50 pound each

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I remember Buckmore Park when it was a little wilder with no Go Kart track and the local pub is where the M2 roundabout is now (Can't remember the name of it). Used to work down the road at GEC Avionics. Memories!

Have fun guys.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

What about Rye House ? Not that I'm thinking of coming over to join you, but it would be fun, post pics.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It's not in Kent Roger, thanks all the same! ;)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I used to work at GEC as well (became BAE systems when I was there) !

You might be thinking of the 'Tiger Moth'.

I've lived here all my life and cant remember before the flyover LOL that was only constructed 15 years or so ago...strange

it's only 25 mins away

Crikey Felix, how fast is your car?

I'd be up for that, depending on the date, although at 17.5 stones I pity any team that has to carry my weight penalty!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Depends when and how much but I would be up for it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

My mistake Wookie... I thought it was the place by Heathrow... This place is on the other side of London from me and it would take me 1hr 15 mins... Still would be worth the trip just the same...

Subject/depending on dates etc put me down. I have to agree with Jonathan its great fun in the wet and allows for a bit of off roading at the same time.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I used to work at GEC as well (became BAE systems when I was there) !

You might be thinking of the 'Tiger Moth'.

I've lived here all my life and cant remember before the flyover LOL that was only constructed 15 years or so ago...strange

Small world Jonathan! I was there from 1985 to 1989, was part of the Instrument Systems Division that won the the Queens Award for Technology in 1988.

Tiger Moth is I believe correct, quite a few memories of that place and Buckmore Park from Howard School days and some of the Outdoor Pursuits we used to do there when the Scouts ran the place.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

Cool, yeah I would have been scouting around that time and remember absailing there.

I was at GEC / BAE from 2000-2001, good memories, should have stayed really...

Did people fall asleep at their desks when you were there too, face into a PCB ? LOL

I used to call it dream land :)

Used to work abroad a lot and the night shift when I was at the factory so people snoozing into test gear was not unusual. We did find a guy in the environmental department one night snoozing in a warm environmental chamber with the door propped open. Thanks god he was only 5 feet tall. Good memories, good folks.

Any more interest in this? Shall I book a date, pay the £1,000+ deposit and cross my fingers?

Evora NA

Bibs,

Have i missed a posted date?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

First post Trev

Once I've got an idea of numbers I'll book something up.

5 people so far and that's not enough hence my appeal for more names.

Evora NA

Bibs,

Call me thick (and you will) but still can't see a date. Go on make it simple and just tell me.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Trev, to have a date I have to book it and to book it you need to pay the deposit of about £1k. I'm not willing to lose that cash if not enough people come so I'm not booking it until there's enough interest shown. It's not a 'turn up and pay' kind of venue, they're too busy and have too much to lose for that hence the sizable, non-refundable deposit.

Unless you want to underwrite it? I'll book it right up then :thumbsup:

Evora NA

Sign in to follow this