free hit
counters
Ignition wiring and radio wiring on Se - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gtt dave j esprit

Ignition wiring and radio wiring on Se

Please could anyone give any details, regarding whats what, Any wiring diagrams much appreciated thumbup.gif

Cheers regards dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

gathering.gif

Imagine if these three fittied your radio, and alarm on your Esprit.sad.gif

Has anyone any pictures or advice on wire colour's from both Ignition key. and Or radio.

When having a new radio fitted i believe they have wired it bad, After having a look at the wires stuffed in behind, and all the mess, I can see wires that have been cut and things changed, Once for last radio and maybe again for new one ! there is two pairs of wires, a pair of black and a pair of grey going to nothing coming from front of car?

Also i think maybe the 15 year old cobra alarm might have seen better days.

I feel if a problem with either of these. Could be causing Knock on effect that resulted in poor running of car and battery unable to retain charge.

Anyone cool.gif LotusEspritTurboDaveJGTT

David,

If you want to PM me your email addy I'll email you the wiring diagram you're looking for.

Jim

Ignition wires with Immobiliser fitted Pic's

Is this good with High preformance ecu cars?

In pic 1 - red and white . brown and red , little white wire and small yellow all coming from or lead to ignition key.

The R/W and B/R are cut, there a four wire from Immobiliser, One has been joined to each of the cut to join curcuit.

The R/W wire is at the point of ignition when its crank's engine and suplys ecu with live feed, From looking a the service note's.

The B/R seems to be earth.

It a cobra Immobiliser, 10 years +

Question is would old immobiliser affect running of ecu car ?

I think so and i belive its whats causing mams car to run poor amongst ather things.

After having a look i have defo found and fix one problem. hopes it hasnt fooked ecu eek.gif

The Red and White wire on back of ignition had come loss, was still attached, just solder had broke and it was able to move (rattle about). I have fixed that, Which for sure wont have done anything any good and porb's cause a load of things to break in prosses cry.gif

I'll get there. You watch biggrin.gif

Two years and plenty of parts. problems still exsist, My answer on my GTT was to take Immobiliser of and put my own on wink.gif My gtt like it cool.gif

Some reason i cant upload pictures ??

Ignition wires with Immobiliser fitted Pic's

Is this good with High preformance ecu cars?

In pic 1 - red and white . brown and red , little white wire and small yellow all coming from or lead to ignition key.

The R/W and B/R are cut, there a four wire from Immobiliser, One has been joined to each of the cut to join curcuit.

The R/W wire is at the point of ignition when its crank's engine and suplys ecu with live feed, From looking a the service note's.

The B/R seems to be earth.

It a cobra Immobiliser, 10 years +

Question is would old immobiliser affect running of ecu car ?

I think so and i belive its whats causing mams car to run poor amongst ather things.

After having a look i have defo found and fix one problem. hopes it hasnt fooked ecu eek.gif

The Red and White wire on back of ignition had come loss, was still attached, just solder had broke and it was able to move (rattle about). I have fixed that, Which for sure wont have done anything any good and porb's cause a load of things to break in prosses cry.gif

I'll get there. You watch biggrin.gif

Two years and plenty of parts. problems still exsist, My answer on my GTT was to take Immobiliser of and put my own on wink.gif My gtt like it cool.gif

Some reason i cant upload pictures ??

Opps posted it on micks account wallbash.gif

Edited by gtt dave j esprit