free hit
counters
Elite Tailgate Cable Multiplying Lever - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
saraphee

Elite Tailgate Cable Multiplying Lever

The painful process of reassembly is moving forward. Today's problem concerns installing the tailgate lock, or rather, the cables that control it.

I have a front & Rear cable and a curious lever which, according to the Workshop manual sits in the rear boot (trunk) corner to connect the two.

Unfortunately it doesn't say where or how it is screwed into position!

Can anyone show me a photo or describe very clearly (as I'm a bit brain dead at the moment) just where it fits and at what sort of angle?

This is today's Lotus Elite for Dummies question - I forgot to take a snap when Tavee was taking the thing apart.

Thanks in advance

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Rex

On mine it is screwed on with two philips screws just above the Drivers side rear light inside the boot, with the longer arm pointing upwards attached to the Tailgate release cable that comes from Car and shorter one attached by Clevis pin to the tailgate release cable.

Cant understand why they just didnt run one cable, but there we are.

Hope this helps

Mike

Good Morning,

Best I've got but it should help

In the picture the dominant black structure is the tail gate catch. to the left of it as you look, ie above the driver's side rear light clusture you will see the release cable which terminates in a clevis pin, which, in turn, is connected to the multiplier.

Thank You Mike & Brian,

Your advice & pic is SO much better than the manual.

Now I know exactly how to do it.

Wonderful thing, this forum!

Rex