free hit
counters
Resetting fault codes - ABS + ECU - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Resetting fault codes - ABS + ECU

Is it possible ?

Reason why I ask is that I have 2 functions which I could use on the car that flag and hold warning lights on the dash.

1st is on the ECU, which is the fan relay (mine hasn't got air-con so I wired in a switch to force the fans on should I ever forsee a circumstance where I might need this)

2nd is on the ABS computer where I deny the solenoids for working so I can effectifly switch between ABS and no-ABS

Prob is they both have lingering flags, the lights come on to warn me there's something not right (nice to know) but they stay on when normal service is resumed - I know why it does it but would be nice if it didnt !

The ABS computer, I was thinking of wiring in a monostable to the powersupply to the computer itself, so when the ABS is re-established a small pulse is produced from a 555 circuit to blip the power on and off to the ABS computer, thus clearing the code fault....not sure if this is a good idea or not, esp when the car is already running...

I was wondering if anyone (esp our ECU expert Erik) knew of a way to clear the codes without resorting to drastic measures ?

Edited by Jonathan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't know about the ABS one but it should be possible to make a chip that eliminates the aircon related fault. What's the error code associated with your fault?

Fans fail, it's becuase I am grounding the ECU trigger wire without it's consent - it detects a fault and flags it.

Not toooooo woried about it becuase I've only used it once, just be nice to do it professionally.

What I could do is trick the ECU into calling the Aircon on (even though it's not really there) but concerned about what effects that might have on the timing etc as it will expect a load, ie the clutch to come in for the aircon pump - which is why I just grounded the fan trigger to ground.

It's an error code 26 then?

Looking at the (SE) code it looks like you could do this by:

1) making it so the 'a/c clutch engage flag' is never set

2) changing the fan to come on when a/c is requested instead of when the 'a/c clutch engage flag' is set

3) skipping the a/c 35mph fan off check

Yeah the ECU is a code 26, thought it was something different but it is 26.

Prob is using the aircon is the RPM is raised.

Edited by Jonathan

Making it so that the 'a/c clutch engage flag' is never set should stop the idle up from occurring.