free hit
counters
Cobweb Blow Away on Spreewaldring - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
streetz

Cobweb Blow Away on Spreewaldring

Yesterday we blew away the cobwebs from our cars by racing the Spreewaldring.

post-5810-127039122038.gif

post-5810-127039123065.gif

post-5810-12703912492.gif

post-5810-127039127908.gif

Sport 350 - the Real Devil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Roll-on the good weather !

So how are the cars runnning? Are they both still behaving themselves?

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Actually I wasn´t racing the track... In the morning I had an inspection by a friend of mine, who sealed the screws (imbus) between engine block and clutch/gearbox. Günther already mentioned, that these screws might not be fully bored. I´ll see next time. Right now, the oil is not leaking too hard.

Next time, I´ll race the track as well, and see how well the torque is in comparison to the normal V8 :unsure:

Sport 350 - the Real Devil

Hi Holger,

I´m confused as to what your BMW guy has done? The oil is either coming from the sump or from the rear crank seal - sealing the bolts between the bellhousing and the block will not achieve anything. The bellhousing has a large inspection opening at the bottom in any case.

Maybe it is a translation problem, but I don´t understand what he has done :)

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

As I understand from the phone:

The guys thought on this moment it would be oil leaking around the rear sump/rear-cover joint. But as I mentioned, those screws do not really have an treath-way drilled into the oil area. So as long as the joint-sealing between engine-block, sump and/or rear-cover isn't damaged there could not be a oil-leak.

For the other question:

after the rebuild on 111.019km

around 119.000km now

#P-DU 918 is still running with your parts Mike, no worries there..

..feeling of boost is slightly 'tighter' after replacement of the totally rotten '98 wastegates with the usuall *Forge* aluminium wastegates (Thanks to *Superdavelotus* [Espritperformance])

I have choosen the 'yellow springrate' set-up. Calibratet in DIY on lightes possible pressure with those springs. Think it should go well, even with the stock cast pistons. The temporarly fitted 380ccm 'oversize' injectors are out now.. after *pumkin999* [owner of the white Elise] mentioned seriously 'overfueling' & smell of ethanol on 'acceleration-boost' situations on track and on the way to the track :cheers:

The aftermarket *Ajusa* cam-followers are still in place. Appart from ticking on first few minutes after 3 weeks without engine in use someday in April..and also on a situation [stuck in traffic jam] where the engine temp. [therefore oil temp too..] was really high and engine reving low [ therefore drop of pressure in the system #sidenote: should check chosen oils-specification#] -no other issues with 'those followers are not applicable for this engine' :question:

No more 'unnatural' burn/consumption of engine oil. So pistons,liners & rings perform well.

The odd scratching metal noise noted on the Factory-frolic/cromer run end of last year is sorted by reposition of A/C-comp clutch[coupling] with a screwdriver. coupling plate was bend in storage wile last seasons rebuildhappend.. .

Next big things -refill/'reanimate' A/C system, check out for electric faults & gremlins.. . rework car-Hifi from actual *mono* to full stereo [so that I dont need to clap on the dash or run over bumps every time to have full sound :) ]

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Sign in to follow this